rosalind franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sea2sea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an interview at rosalind franklin in the next month, but i am fortunate enough to have been accepted to a few other programs already.

i am debating whether or not i should interview, and was hoping for some feedback about the school (the good and the bad... i hear they have been on probation in the past?), since i haven't been able to get a real sense of the school via the website. thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends, where have you been accepted? No need to waste a couple of hundred dollars and time if you are not going to go there if accepted.

Good solid preclinical and clinical training

Well regarded in the Chicago area

Prepares students well for Boards

Good competitive residency match.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at RFU a while ago, and if it's a good school, they didn't show it. Plus it's 40 miles outside of Chicago, so don't think it's an urban school.

My advice is save your time, because it's really not all that impressive. For me, going to RFU would be only slightly better than not getting into med school at all.

thanks so much for all of the input! i have acceptances at texas a&m and evms thusfar and it would be nice to save a trip out there...

I am also curious if I should bother attending a Rosalind Franklin interview as I have been accepted at SUNY Upstate. Does anyone else have any insight into this school? Has anyone been to Upstate and RFU that could compare the two?

Thanks.