rosalind post-interview lull

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotik

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i interviewed dec. 1st, and i received the "no decision" letter late december. since then, i havent heard a thing, so obviously i have been passed over for an interview during their meetings.

so do i have any chance left? has anyone else received the letter in december, and no word since? im a california resident, if that helps anyone...

Members don't see this ad.

neurotik said:
so i interviewed dec. 1st, and i received the "no decision" letter late december. since then, i havent heard a thing, so obviously i have been passed over for an interview during their meetings.

so do i have any chance left? has anyone else received the letter in december, and no word since? im a california resident, if that helps anyone...

i'm in the same boat. you still have plenty of chances. they review files monthly.

neurotik said:

the committee met again at the very end of january, but they supposedly haven't met again since then. i remember hearing that they'd be sending out the next post-interview decisions by mid march. so, perhaps you'll get some good news next week or the week after. best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
medstylee said:
the committee met again at the very end of january, but they supposedly haven't met again since then. i remember hearing that they'd be sending out the next post-interview decisions by mid march. so, perhaps you'll get some good news next week or the week after. best of luck.

hey medstylee, thx for the heads up. i just cant stand this waiting and uncertainty of my future

neurotik said:
hey medstylee, thx for the heads up. i just cant stand this waiting and uncertainty of my future

i certainly know what you mean! i think we can feel hopeful though, having interviewed at rosalind franklin. the percentage of interviewees who ultimately get accepted is pretty high (i think i heard close to 2 out of 3)! best of luck. hopefully we'll hear something soon.

neurotik said:

I interviewed 11/30/05, got the no decision letter in late december and have heard absolutely nothing as well. I they may be waiting until the big transition time of the year (May, June) to take another look at files like ours which have been passed up in the past two meetings. I checked the USNEWS stats on this school and last year they admitted almost 2.5 students per spot and to date they have not offered enough to fill the class (~185) even if every accepted student matriculated! if things go as they have in past years, i think they are expecting A LOT of accepted applicants to withdraw by the May 15 deadline and then will most definitely have to dig into their pool of interviewees who have not been accepted elsewhere. April and May interviewees are most likely their weakest applicants, so i figure they'll go back to their stronger early applicants first (like us!) and then onwards. :thumbup:

americanidiot said:
April and May interviewees are most likely their weakest applicants :thumbup:

or they just submitted their secondaries later (which i guess could be considered a weakness)

nibrocli said:
or they just submitted their secondaries later

good call. i didn't think about that. i wasn't considering all the people who took the August MCAT either, which could definitely lead to a huge delay in interview offers without them necessarily being weaker candidates. :thumbup: