Rosalind vs. Wayne

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rosalind vs. Wayne

• CMS at Rosalind Franklin

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Wayne State

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATGC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having difficulty choosing between Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University and Wayne State University (Detroit, MI). I'm OOS for both. There is a tuition difference of about 18k/yr (CMS being the "cheaper" of the two).

If anyone has any opinions to offer regarding the schools that would be great: particularly in regards to reputation (I'm aware of CMS probation a few years back), clinical training, etc.

I've heard that Wayne State students receive exceptional training because they have the DMC and Henry Ford, but this is hearsay.
Any feedback would help :) thx.

Members don't see this ad.

:)Well, it all depends on how you look at the

I'm waitlisted at both schools and if I get in to both I would chose using the below criteria

Ultimately it probably comes down to financials... The $18,000 per year times 4 years totalling $72,000 (not to mention interest) is a tough pill to swallow when in essence you're probably comparing two very similar schools. It's not like you're comparing Rosalind against the Univ of Mich, or Stanford.

Wayne does have some great exposure with the DMC, but Chicago is also competitive. Think of it like this... How does a doctor learn? By being exposed to many differenct situations/cases.... So all major cities like Detroit and Chi-town have teaching hospitials with patients that have a vast array of pathologies. So you'll probably learn at about the same level with a lot more money in your pocket,

Good luck with your decision
:)

:)Well, it all depends on how you look at the

I'm waitlisted at both schools and if I get in to both I would chose using the below criteria

Ultimately it probably comes down to financials... The $18,000 per year times 4 years totalling $72,000 (not to mention interest) is a tough pill to swallow when in essence you're probably comparing two very similar schools. It's not like you're comparing Rosalind against the Univ of Mich, or Stanford.

Wayne does have some great exposure with the DMC, but Chicago is also competitive. Think of it like this... How does a doctor learn? By being exposed to many differenct situations/cases.... So all major cities like Detroit and Chi-town have teaching hospitials with patients that have a vast array of pathologies. So you'll probably learn at about the same level with a lot more money in your pocket,

Good luck with your decision
:)
:thumbup:

exactly- I would chose CMS if I had both options- this hit all the points you should think about..but finances alone really help. additionally chicago has great exposure- and better city

Members don't see this ad :)
I am having difficulty choosing between Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University and Wayne State University (Detroit, MI). I'm OOS for both. There is a tuition difference of about 18k/yr (CMS being the "cheaper" of the two).

If anyone has any opinions to offer regarding the schools that would be great: particularly in regards to reputation (I'm aware of CMS probation a few years back), clinical training, etc.

I've heard that Wayne State students receive exceptional training because they have the DMC and Henry Ford, but this is hearsay.
Any feedback would help :) thx.

If it is that much of a difference and RFU is cheaper my choice would be RFU over Wayne. I've seen RFU's match lists and people match into very competitive fields coming out of there. It is such an underrated school I feel.

CMS's probationary status never seemed to affect them. I used to see match lists where like 9 people were matching ortho and several people matching plastics and other major competitive fields more so then at my state school which never had the problem of being on probation. I think that was sufficient to tell me that they were doing something right.

Wayne's 80k per year thing is a huge turnoff to me. Plus I hear Detroit is very depressing from my friend who got in but chose another school over them. But that is just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.