Roseman Interview - where to stay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darce101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where is everyone staying for their interview at Roseman?

Salt Lake City airport is about 30min away. Are you guys taking a shuttle?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be driving my luxurious enterprise compact over to the sleep inn for evidently some of the best sleep around. Prior to this amazing sleeping experience I will most likely sit back with a 24 oz. of Utah's finest 4% max beer, shall be quite the experience.

I got a rental and booked some cheap hotel 2 miles away from Roseman.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure you want to attend school in Utah? There are no bars, no alcohol, entire state closes at 8 pm with everyone asleep by 9pm. Talk about being trapped up a hippo's sphincter.

I've read everything about Roseman and everything sounds promising. Sure Utah isn't as exciting as NYC, but it'll be one less distraction for d school :D

I'm renting a car (only $50 bucks for 2 days) and staying at a nice hotel in downtown salt lake city for $60 bucks. Im excited!

So does everything really close down at 8pm in Utah?

I'm interviewing at Roseman this Wednesday, and live about 20 minutes south of it (American Fork, UT). My wife and I would like to invite someone who is flying in and wants to save $50 to stay at our place for Tuesday night! We have 2 little sons, FYI.

Send me a message if you're interested. We'd love to help out.

(But please, when you're here, I'm not going to want to talk about dental school or applications the whole time!)

;)

I'm interviewing at Roseman this Wednesday, and live about 20 minutes south of it (American Fork, UT). My wife and I would like to invite someone who is flying in and wants to save $50 to stay at our place for Tuesday night! We have 2 little sons, FYI.

(But please, when you're here, I'm not going to want to talk about dental school or applications the whole time!)

;)

Wish I knew this before i booked everything haha. That's really nice of you though. Let us know how the interview goes!

;)

kind of sad you are trying to make money off people and dont want to offer any advice. not cool man. plus how can you trust strangers to stay at your place while you have two little kids? not really responsible as a parent either.

kind of sad you are trying to make money off people and dont want to offer any advice. not cool man. plus how can you trust strangers to stay at your place while you have two little kids? not really responsible as a parent either.

either you're joking or don't know how to read...

either you're joking or don't know how to read...

i did misread and my apologies for that fact, but i still wouldnt let strangers stay over if i had kids, just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure you want to attend school in Utah? There are no bars, no alcohol, entire state closes at 8 pm with everyone asleep by 9pm. Talk about being trapped up a hippo's sphincter.

Totally Not True! I am not originally from utah. It is just like every other state, with some exceptions. I lived in LA and Houston for a number of years. Salt Lake city stays open late like every other city. They have bars and clubs like everywhere else.

Thanks for judging my responsibilities as a parent, but the offer is still open. We're trying to help out as we'd hope to be helped by others.

Good luck.

Haha TRUST me, there are plenty of Bars and fun things to do here in Utah!! And about the guy offering to let someone stay in his house. I think its great, its actually something that is lacking in this world. Listen, the screening that one goes through to get an interview at a school is extensive. Im pretty sure they can be trusted..

Haha TRUST me, there are plenty of Bars and fun things to do here in Utah!! And about the guy offering to let someone stay in his house. I think its great, its actually something that is lacking in this world. Listen, the screening that one goes through to get an interview at a school is extensive. Im pretty sure they can be trusted..

When I become a dental student, I plan to offer free lodging for female interviewees just like that one dude in the pre-med forum who ended up hooking up lol. That was a funny entertaining thread.

There are some bars! I wouldnt say PLENTY LOL

Totally Not True! I am not originally from utah. It is just like every other state, with some exceptions. I lived in LA and Houston for a number of years. Salt Lake city stays open late like every other city. They have bars and clubs like everywhere else.

Agreed.

Also, if you are an outdoors type of person the skiing/snowboarding is probably some of the best in the US. And if you like camping, hiking, or rappelling they have some of the most beautiful canyons i have ever seen. Golfing isn't too bad either...

When I become a dental student, I plan to offer free lodging for female interviewees just like that one dude in the pre-med forum who ended up hooking up lol. That was a funny entertaining thread.
i will def too haha

I have gone to 6 interviews so far and I actually stayed at current dental students from that school for almost all of them. They were all a great help and I will for sure do the same for others in the future.

I have gone to 6 interviews so far and I actually stayed at current dental students from that school for almost all of them. They were all a great help and I will for sure do the same for others in the future.
How do you get in touch with the dental students ? :)

For me, I rented a car and drove to the hotel one day before the interview. Next day, I got to school at 10:00 am and finished the interview around 4 and drove back to the SLC airport. :cool:

Hotels: Radisson, Hyatt Place, Little America, Hampton Inn, La Quinta Inn, Hilton, etc. :thumbup:

Just wanted to let you all know that a fellow applicant stayed at my house for the past 2 nights, we drove to the interview together, he went to a service project with me afterward, and my son told me after he left that he really liked the guy!

Feels good to reach out to others and lend a hand, and I strongly encourage all of you guys/girls to do the same. Be selfless during this selfish time of our lives, and the favors will return your way!