Roseman University College of Pharmacy Class of 2020 (Entering Fall 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for your response but I really have a hard time understanding your comment. Is there any link u can post so I can read. I don't know u have typo or just the way u wrote. At the beginning you say we can take it on Monday and right after that u say if you don't pass on Friday then you have to take it over the summer... thank u anyways. U meant if I get 85 % and someone in my team gets 95% then it means I passed

I don't know of any website that explains this. Okay this is how a normal block exam (every other friday) goes hopefully this will clear up any confusion.. our exam days are friday. we take the exam on our own. Then after the individual exam that you took by yourself you have to take the same exam with your team if you pass that team exam with at least a 95% you will have 5% added to your score so you technically can get an 85% on Friday and still pass as long as your team passes with a 95%. If for whatever reason you do not pass the assessment you have a second chance to take it on the following Monday however on Monday you have to get the 90% on your own because there will be no team exam after remediation. If you fail the exam again on Monday you will have to take it during summer you're only allowed to have five Summer remediation's before you are basically kicked out of the program

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't know of any website that explains this. Okay this is how a normal block exam (every other friday) goes hopefully this will clear up any confusion.. our exam days are friday. we take the exam on our own. Then after the individual exam that you took by yourself you have to take the same exam with your team if you pass that team exam with at least a 95% you will have 5% added to your score so you technically can get an 85% on Friday and still pass as long as your team passes with a 95%. If for whatever reason you do not pass the assessment you have a second chance to take it on the following Monday however on Monday you have to get the 90% on your own because there will be no team exam after remediation. If you fail the exam again on Monday you will have to take it during summer you're only allowed to have five Summer remediation's before you are basically kicked out of the program
Thank you so much .... my last question is do the same rules apply to longitudinal courses?

Thank you for your response but I really have a hard time understanding your comment. Is there any link u can post so I can read. I don't know u have typo or just the way u wrote. At the beginning you say we can take it on Monday and right after that u say if you don't pass on Friday then you have to take it over the summer... thank u anyways. U meant if I get 85 % and someone in my team gets 95% then it means I passed
Hey USC 100, what Nina mean is that you have technically 3 chances to pass a block (2weeks) exam. The first one will always be taken on Friday at the end of the two weeks. For the Friday assessment, you have a chance to score 85% and still pass due to the fact that there are a team test after the individual test that would add an extra 5% to your individual test. The TEAM test must has a 95% pass rate in order for that 5%extra added to your individual test.
Next, if you do not pass the Friday test, there is a remediation test on Monday in which there are no team test. It means you must pass with 90%.
Last, if you do not pass the Monday remediation test, you will get what we call a summer remediation that run from 05/22 to 08/14 which allow you to have one last chance to pass the class. Nevertheless, if you get 6 summers remediation, you will be automatically kick out of school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi makemestudy, you can google for interview questions for pharmacy school online and you can find ton of them. As for the structures of the interview, i would look up "STAR" interview format as it stand for Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Many of the pharmacy schools start using this type of behavior questioning for their interview instead of the traditional ones. Look it up and practice your speech for each questions. You need to have a set of answers ready at all time for each type of questions. Most common questions are why pharmacy, why you think we should chose you, where do you see yourself in 5/10 years. You need to practice answering the questions in a fluid, smooth motion without filter words like as, so, like, etc.
Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Hi. I had interview on 01/10 but I haven't heard anything from Roseman. They specifically told everyone that they will respond in 3 week. Should I wait another week or so before I contact them. Please advise

Hi. I had interview on 01/10 but I haven't heard anything from Roseman. They specifically told everyone that they will respond in 3 week. Should I wait another week or so before I contact them. Please advise
Hi Makemestudy,

I know that they have had a few interviews after your interview date. And since then, some of the interviewees have already heard back from them. I do not think it would hurt to e-mail the administrators letting them know you are still interested. But, I also think that they will probably be sending out statuses in the next few weeks because this is the peak of the application season. If you do contact them, it is best to just express your interest in the school

I have an interview at the Henderson campus on 03/07. Super excited! Anyone hear if the Nevada campus is full already?

Also what goes into the selection process? If you get an interview are you guaranteed a spot if you do well? Or do they weigh in your interview with your stats no matter how well your interview went?

I have an interview at the Henderson campus on 03/07. Super excited! Anyone hear if the Nevada campus is full already?

Also what goes into the selection process? If you get an interview are you guaranteed a spot if you do well? Or do they weigh in your interview with your stats no matter how well your interview went?

Congrats on your interview! I wouldn't say anything is guaranteed. However, I would say they do look at your fit into their school based on your interview and your one page essay. I heard somewhere that Roseman has a ranking system. If you perform well enough on your stats then you are invited for an interview. Then after your interview/ essay they score you and based on your score you are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected.

Congrats on your interview! I wouldn't say anything is guaranteed. However, I would say they do look at your fit into their school based on your interview and your one page essay. I heard somewhere that Roseman has a ranking system. If you perform well enough on your stats then you are invited for an interview. Then after your interview/ essay they score you and based on your score you are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected.

Thanks for the response. So just to clarify, the score is based on the interview and essay only. The stats just get you the interview? Makes sense. I hear the interview is very important for this school especially. Man, I love the way this school has their blocks set up. Hope I get in. Congrats to those that have already been accepted. Hope I'm your classmate this year

Thanks for the response. So just to clarify, the score is based on the interview and essay only. The stats just get you the interview? Makes sense. I hear the interview is very important for this school especially. Man, I love the way this school has their blocks set up. Hope I get in. Congrats to those that have already been accepted. Hope I'm your classmate this year

Well I am not positive on how they determine their accepted applicants. I just think that that is part of their selection process. My best advise would be to be yourself and to share your desire to be a part of their program. Good luck on your interview!!

Hey!
I got accepted to the Utah campus! Is anyone else trying for that campus?

Hey guys!
My PharmCAS was verified February 14 and I got an invitation to interview on February 24. I chose the Henderson interview location which wasn't until March 30 but they emailed me yesterday to see if I wanted to interview on March 7 to replace a cancellation. Good sign? Are all seats already filled at Henderson, and is there a possibility I will be waitlisted?

Hey guys!
My PharmCAS was verified February 14 and I got an invitation to interview on February 24. I chose the Henderson interview location which wasn't until March 30 but they emailed me yesterday to see if I wanted to interview on March 7 to replace a cancellation. Good sign? Are all seats already filled at Henderson, and is there a possibility I will be waitlisted?

Yeah. It probably means they don't have a lot of applicants this year. Or someone cancelled a previous spot. And I hear there are still spots open to both. I'll be there March 7th as well. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. It probably means they don't have a lot of applicants this year. Or someone cancelled a previous spot. And I hear there are still spots open to both. I'll be there March 7th as well. Good luck!
read up on questions about the school. The essay was not bad and wear nice suit that they will remember you. try not to wear black or gray

read up on questions about the school. The essay was not bad and wear nice suit that they will remember you. try not to wear black or gray

Haha thanks for the advice. I have a blue plaid suit but all my friends told me it's too flashy so I bought a black suit. Should make head next few days extra stressful

Haha thanks for the advice. I have a blue plaid suit but all my friends told me it's too flashy so I bought a black suit. Should make head next few days extra stressful
well theres gonna be plenty of blk suits lol so try to stand out maybe wear a different color blazer. Let them remember who u are and wlet them know how great you are. Good luck bro I wish you success.

ill be there is there a fb for utah yet? are you doing the mba
I have been looking for a Facebook group for the South Jordan campus and I haven't seen one yet. I havent decided about the MBA program. I wasn't interested in it until my interview.. and then I was considering it. What about you?

I have been looking for a Facebook group for the South Jordan campus and I haven't seen one yet. I havent decided about the MBA program. I wasn't interested in it until my interview.. and then I was considering it. What about you?
im going to do it but no summer for me

Good luck to all the interviewed students tomorrow. If ya want to share an uber down to the campus, let me know

You should contact Dr. Park and talk to her

Good luck to all the interviewed students tomorrow. If ya want to share an uber down to the campus, let me know
How was your interview?
I have an interview at the Utah campus on 03/16. I am so nervous.

How was your interview?
I have an interview at the Utah campus on 03/16. I am so nervous.

It was great. They do a good job of making you feel comfortable. If you got an interview, you're half way there. Seats in Henderson are pretty much full. But some available in Utah still. If you've been to a job interview before, you're familiar with the question format. Relax and enjoy

Last edited:
It was great. They do a good job of making you feel comfortable. If you got an interview, you're half way there. Seats in Henderson are pretty much full. But some available in Utah still. If you've been to a job interview before, you're familiar with the question format. Relax and enjoy
u got accepted?

2 weeks tops bro or less. if you hear nothing then its waitlist or rejected and whats ur top school?

Yeah I figured. This is the only school I applied to. All my eggs in one basket

Hey where did you hear that seats in Henderson were full?

Hey where did you hear that seats in Henderson were full?

Dr. Park told us on Tuesday that seats were just about full. Only a couple were her exact words. But don't let that discourage you. I'm sure a lot of students haven't fully committed. Waiting list usually moves along fairly quickly from what I've been told.

Last edited:
Dr. Park told us on Tuesday that seats were just about full. Only a couple were her exact words. But don't let that discourage you. I'm sure a lot of students haven't fully committed. Waiting list usually moves along fairly quickly from what I've been told.
did u chose jordan campus and @PharmPrep870 from a scale of 1-10 how did u do on your interview ur essay

Why Roseman is good choice but not pcom or lecom may I ask?
block system cold weather snow, u have to wear tie at lecom 5 days a week or u cannot get into the school.

I switched to Jordan on Wednesday. I did great on my essay. I did pretty good on my interview
Could you explain essay assessment in detail to me? is it the assessment of professional knowledge ?

Could you explain essay assessment in detail to me? is it the assessment of professional knowledge ?

Sure. The assessment just tests your writing ability. I've heard one of the assessments asked what would you do if you won the powerball? What would you do if you were president? Stuff like that. Mine told me to write about a time i overcame an obstacle or something like that. I can't remember fully. Nothing to be nervous about.

Hey guys, so I know Henderson campus doesn't have a gym, its been discussed months earlier in this thread. Does any of you know if South Jordan has a gym?

Hey guys, so I know Henderson campus doesn't have a gym, its been discussed months earlier in this thread. Does any of you know if South Jordan has a gym?
The South Jordan campus doesn't have a gym ... but life time fitness is right next door

Sure. The assessment just tests your writing ability. I've heard one of the assessments asked what would you do if you won the powerball? What would you do if you were president? Stuff like that. Mine told me to write about a time i overcame an obstacle or something like that. I can't remember fully. Nothing to be nervous about.
Thank you !
My interview is tomorrow. Wish me luck. :)

Hey, guys. I have an awesome opportunity to become interviewer for Roseman. If you guys have any questions, please let me know and I will help in any way I can.