Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whomever got into this school, be prepared to endure the worst experience of your academic lives lol ! This school is absolutely no joke. You will have to memorize so much information, it will blow your mind. 60% of the class will bomb the first exam. I heard they recently took away the extra 5% from you group test, that adds to your individual exam (so essentially you could make an 85% on the test with group points and still pass) But now, it's 90% on your own every exam, no group points. P1 isn't so bad, but P2 is horrible. I actually had a life in P1, P2 was nothing but studying. So happy I graduated. Good luck everyone and god bless.

Members don't see this ad.

Whomever got into this school, be prepared to endure the worst experience of your academic lives lol ! This school is absolutely no joke. You will have to memorize so much information, it will blow your mind. 60% of the class will bomb the first exam. I heard they recently took away the extra 5% from you group test, that adds to your individual exam (so essentially you could make an 85% on the test with group points and still pass) But now, it's 90% on your own every exam, no group points. P1 isn't so bad, but P2 is horrible. I actually had a life in P1, P2 was nothing but studying. So happy I graduated. Good luck everyone and god bless.

Sounds to me like you have something against the school. Yes its tough, no doubts there, but did you miss the part about it being an accelerated program? Its suppose to be hard. You should have known that going in. They aren't getting rid of the team point thing so I'm not sure where that came from.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

Happy April Fools Day, Ctooz.

Team points still exist, and the bomb rate on the first test is not close to 60%. P2 is reputedly a lot harder than P1 tho, so that part's true.

Members don't see this ad :)

The 5% group point will still be in the assessment in the block systems. And more and more other 3-yr block programs adopted this approach including the group points.

I am glad it's no easy work, since we are dong a PharmD degree. I want a quality PharmD so as to build my career quality and reputation. We don't want patients say: that pharmacist knows so little even spelt words wrong.

Sounds to me like you have something against the school. Yes its tough, no doubts there, but did you miss the part about it being an accelerated program? Its suppose to be hard. You should have known that going in. They aren't getting rid of the team point thing so I'm not sure where that came from.

:thumbup:

Hi Golden Bear,
Do you guys get a spring break? I am trying to plan my wedding around that time but I am afraid that I will need that time to catch up on some studying. Advice please? Thanks.

We had a long four day weekend that they called a Spring Break (5 days if you passed the exam on the prior Friday) so if you can get married and honeymoon w/in those four days, then plan away. I, personally, would have wished for a longer one but I'll take what I can get. I'm also getting married later this year but had to change the date because the date we wanted cut into the last week of schooling in December. Booo.

Or you can do the whole shebang during summer break ^___^

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

We had a long four day weekend that they called a Spring Break (5 days if you passed the exam on the prior Friday) so if you can get married and honeymoon w/in those four days, then plan away. I, personally, would have wished for a longer one but I'll take what I can get. I'm also getting married later this year but had to change the date because the date we wanted cut into the last week of schooling in December. Booo.

Thats good to hear. I think I will be ok. I can have my wedding and party for three days and i will have the honeymoon after the semester. :) Thank you! Good luck on your wedding and congratulations!

Thats good to hear. I think I will be ok. I can have my wedding and party for three days and i will have the honeymoon after the semester. :) Thank you! Good luck on your wedding and congratulations!

Right back at ya! See you next year at Roseman.

can u share ur stats with us please?? I plan to reapply this year...

Hi, I am applying for 2012 or 2013 intake. I have a Bachelor of Pharmacy from India class 2008 and MSc from UK class 2010. Currently I am registered Pharmacist in Iran practicing Pharmacy. I would like to know what is academic forgiveness and can i be eligible for that?

There are five areas that the interview process is designed to assess:

Motivation
Leadership
Teamwork
Problem-Solving Skills
Professionalism

You can expect questions that deal with those five areas. Prior to your interview, it would be a good idea to think about situations where you showed good leadership, motivated someone, how you handled a conflict in a group setting, what professionalism is to you and how you show it, etc. They also want to assess your communication skills. Can you put a sentence together and get your point across?

By getting an interview there is something on your application that they like. It's up to you in the interview to sell yourself. They know you are a good student on paper, they just want to make sure you can succeed in their rigorous program. They don't want to accept a student who is going to fail out before Christmas.

One more thing, after your interview, don't ask how well you did or what your chances are of getting in are. It drives me crazy!

Hi, I am applying for 2012 or 2013 PharmD Program intake. I have a Bachelor of Pharmacy from India class 2008 and MSc from UK class 2010. Currently I am registered Pharmacist in Iran practicing Pharmacy. I would like to know what is academic forgiveness and can i be eligible for that?
I do not know how to fill out the prerequisit section of the application form since have done my all studies overseas! Can any body give me some tips please?

I am if I pass biochem! Lmao. If I don't.. -.- then UofA

Lol I'm still having trouble with biochem as well. I have faith you'll pass! Still hoping to see you there:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do well on you biochem! It will visit you again in you p1 year.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

It's already april, if we haven't heard yet, does that mean Roseman is full?

From what I understand: They have already contacted all of the people who they have accepted into their campuses and they have until about April 14 to accept. At that time, they will have a better idea of who else can be accepted and who will be contacted to be on the wait list.

I may be wrong though...

From what I understand: They have already contacted all of the people who they have accepted into their campuses and they have until about April 14 to accept. At that time, they will have a better idea of who else can be accepted and who will be contacted to be on the wait list.

I may be wrong though...

I think you are right! I'm trying to stay hopeful because from what I hear, a lot of people from the waitlist get accepted. Hopefully I become one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think he has this "waitlist" completed yet thought because all he told me was that he would have a better idea by april 16. I also have no heard of anyone being ranked on the waitlist yet, unless they are trying to get into the nevada campus and are already accepted into utah.

I will be applying for the 2013 fall semester cycle. Do you guys have any tips?

I think you are right! I'm trying to stay hopeful because from what I hear, a lot of people from the waitlist get accepted. Hopefully I become one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think he has this "waitlist" completed yet thought because all he told me was that he would have a better idea by april 16. I also have no heard of anyone being ranked on the waitlist yet, unless they are trying to get into the nevada campus and are already accepted into utah.

4/16/2012 is the deadline for $1000 deposit for those accepted. I am sure some people will give up their spot so after that date the school will move onto wait list. You may get a call anytime for an offer then!

Just making sure. They haven't contacted people on waitlist yet? They made only offers to the amount of people they offer Sears. 112 in Henderson and90 in Utah.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

What????? ....
How do you know that they offered 112 and 90 seats so far?

No i'm just saying that's how many seats needs to be filled. I was wondering if they offered that many so far and see who accepts it then opens it up to waitlist.
No clue

No i'm just saying that's how many seats needs to be filled. I was wondering if they offered that many so far and see who accepts it then opens it up to waitlist.
No clue

Yeah, I didn't understand your post either. If you are saying that there are 112 remaining seats in Henderson, that's probably not accurate because I'm pretty sure more of them have been filled by now. If you are saying there are 112 total seats, that's also not accurate because it's more like 145.

Utah probably has the capacity for about 145 as well if the classrooms are truly identical, but I don't the class has been filled to capacity as of last year.

Golden Bear,
So Utah has the capacity to seat 145 as well? Do you have any insights as to why they limit it to 112?

Sorry was responding on my phone. I was wondering like, if they contacted the exact number of people as there are seats so far. Like if Nevada has 145 seats, they only contacted those 145 and gave them til mid april to decide and then based off that, they will start contacting those who are the waitlist? Or is it like they contacted 200+ and waiting til mid april to see if they accept or reject the offer then contact those on waitlist.

Yeah, I didn't understand your post either. If you are saying that there are 112 remaining seats in Henderson, that's probably not accurate because I'm pretty sure more of them have been filled by now. If you are saying there are 112 total seats, that's also not accurate because it's more like 145.

Utah probably has the capacity for about 145 as well if the classrooms are truly identical, but I don't the class has been filled to capacity as of last year.

I do not think they contact more than they have seats for.... So, no, they probably do not contact 200+ for Nevada if they only have 145 seats go Nevada...

I think they contact 145 fe Nevada and 112 for Utah at most. if any of them decline, they move down the list.

Golden Bear,
So Utah has the capacity to seat 145 as well? Do you have any insights as to why they limit it to 112?

They are only limited by the number of chairs in the classroom. The Henderson campus classrooms are a little larger than the ones in South Jordan. They usually accept 145 students for Henderson and 112 for South Jordan. Since coming to South Jordan they have increased the number of students per class each year and they finally maxed out the classroom capacity in South Jordan this past year for the class of 2014 at 112 students. I'd imagine they are going to max out the seats every year from here on out. I wouldn't be surprised if they added additional seating somehow to accomodate more students, not because there is a need for more pharmacists, but the monetary reward it too great for them.

Utah is up to 112 now? It is getting harder and harder not to put Roseman and diploma mill in the same sentence.

Diastole, did you or any of your friends have a rotation with Kai or Krystal? If so, what were your thoughts on the experience?

Btw, what is it looking like for you after graduation? And, how did the match turn out for you guys?

Congrats on being so close to graduation! I remember how good it felt to wrap up rotations:) I imagine you feel the same.

Last edited:
Utah is up to 112 now? It is getting harder and harder not to put Roseman and diploma mill in the same sentence.

Yep, and I'm sure they are currently thinking of ways to get more seats in the classroom :)

Yep, and I'm sure they are currently thinking of ways to get more seats in the classroom :)

Its no different then any other school during this time. The University of Utah Increased the number of seats they take from 45 to 60 in 2010 again in 2011 and will prob again this year.

Does anyone know if the college will send out a confirmation email once the deposit is received?

Does anyone know if the college will send out a confirmation email once the deposit is received?
I got a confirmation email on thursday that my deposit was received

I got a confirmation email on thursday that my deposit was received
When did u send in your deposit? I sent mine in a couple weeks ago and have not received a confirmation yet.

When did u send in your deposit? I sent mine in a couple weeks ago and have not received a confirmation yet.

I sent mine on the 4/4 waiting to hear if they got.

Mine show delivered by USPS but have not received an e-mail from Roseman yet.

Last edited:

I really hope ACPE can set a limit number of students each school can take. Now schools tend to over-produce PharmD on the market. We will have more difficulty finding a job in the future.

I sent mine on 3rd and got confirmation 3 or 4 days later through email from the registar and student service office

I really hope ACPE can set a limit number of students each school can take. Now schools tend to over-produce PharmD on the market. We will have more difficulty finding a job in the future.

Agreed. There needs to be a governing body that limits the number of schools and students like they do for medical schools. There are at least 2 brand new pharmacy schools that opened in California starting this fall. As if they need more pharmacists in Cali...there is good money in it so why wouldn't they want to get their
piece of the pie? Get it while it's hot I guess.

Agreed. There needs to be a governing body that limits the number of schools and students like they do for medical schools. There are at least 2 brand new pharmacy schools that opened in California starting this fall. As if they need more pharmacists in Cali...there is good money in it so why wouldn't they want to get their
piece of the pie? Get it while it's hot I guess.

There is only one new school (California Northstate College of Pharmacy) moving from "candidate" to "full" status this fall in California. Luckily, another new pharmacy school (American University of Health Sciences) was denied so they cannot take any student.

All US pharmacy schools are approved by Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), which I think it's the governing body for us pharm schools. Tell you guys something interesting. I did write an email to ACPE's Chair of Student Affairs Jennifer Athay PharmD complaining about that we have too many PharmDs now and please do not approve anymore schools in California. Couple months later in early 2012, they denied that American University of Health Sciences candidate status. Hahahaa...hopefully my complaints worked!

Besides myself, I heard that many Deans of private pharmacy schools in California also wrote to ACPE expressing their concerns about allowing more pharm schools in CA.

I encourage everyone to write to ACPE expressing their concern, letting them know about limiting class size of existing pharm schools.

I sent mine on 3rd and got confirmation 3 or 4 days later through email from the registar and student service office

Omg...I sent in my deposit check and packet on 4/4, but still get nothing of confirmation. Mann...

Pham, You are mistaken ( see post #1200),
it is different than others. Also, the UofU hadn't expanded in many many years until the move to 60 a few years ago. And I've heard nothing about them expanding again anytime soon

Last edited:
Pham, You are mistaken ( see post #1200),
it is different than others. Also, the UofU hadn't expanded in many many years until the move to 60 a few years ago. And I've heard nothing about them expanding again anytime soon

That's not what I was told when I interviewed with them. I was told in my interview in 2010 they took 60, 2011 they accepted 65 and this year they were looking at accepting upwards of 65-70. Now whether or not that many actually go is a different story.

Its no different then any other school during this time. The University of Utah Increased the number of seats they take from 45 to 60 in 2010 again in 2011 and will prob again this year.
+
That's not what I was told when I interviewed with them. I was told in my interview in 2010 they took 60, 2011 they accepted 65 and this year they were looking at accepting upwards of 65-70. Now whether or not that many actually go is a different story.

Well "prob" is different than something they actually told you. I'll have to confirm with those I know at the school if what you say has actually happened or is still in the plans to happen.

Still...two big differences, first, the UofU has already established rotation sites and preceptors instead of expanding first and then scrambling to obtain sites/preceptors as Roseman has done. Also Roseman specifically told people that they would cap their Utah campus at 90 and then 100. They didn't honor any of those and are now at 112.

Mostly, I feel for the students that graduate with their PharmDs at present and want to stay in Utah but can't largely due to saturation of the market.

+

Well "prob" is different than something they actually told you. I'll have to confirm with those I know at the school if what you say has actually happened or is still in the plans to happen.

Still...two big differences, first, the UofU has already established rotation sites and preceptors instead of expanding first and then scrambling to obtain sites/preceptors as Roseman has done. Also Roseman specifically told people that they would cap their Utah campus at 90 and then 100. They didn't honor any of those and are now at 112.

Mostly, I feel for the students that graduate with their PharmDs at present and want to stay in Utah but can't largely due to saturation of the market.

Seems to be an issue with the ACPE not stepping in and liming the number of students a school can take and the number of schools.

Last edited:
Omg...I sent in my deposit check and packet on 4/4, but still get nothing of confirmation. Mann...
I e-mailed the school today and received a response rt away stating that they have received my deposit. She said that I will get a formal confirmation soon.