Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The way you capitalized things made me think O_O what's the subliminal message? TDCO?

Anyways, I also was accepted to the Utah campus and I got a call on Saturday that I has a seat to the Nevada campus. :highfive: Perhaps thesituation took my Utah spot. :)

I think I was the 12th person on the list of waiters for Nevada, so that means a lot of people are backing out. Good luck everyone!

What's TDCO?

Members don't see this ad.

There's a federal law that prohibits ACPE from putting a cap on new schools. They also can't put limits on class sizes UNLESS the school doesn't have enough preceptors/faculty/resources to handle the class size. Feel free to contact ACPE for more about this as they're happy to describe what they can and cannot do. For those who are students now, you're a beneficiary of the demand for pharmacists. It's not fair to limit others just because you're worried about saturation/competition. Class sizes go down when there aren't enough applicants. Most schools are seeing a drop in applicants due to economic forces and lack of jobs. If schoosl let people in who can't pass NAPLEX, then they'll have to answer to ACPE.

:thumbup:
There's a federal law that prohibits ACPE from putting a cap on new schools. They also can't put limits on class sizes UNLESS the school doesn't have enough preceptors/faculty/resources to handle the class size. Feel free to contact ACPE for more about this as they're happy to describe what they can and cannot do. For those who are students now, you're a beneficiary of the demand for pharmacists. It's not fair to limit others just because you're worried about saturation/competition. Class sizes go down when there aren't enough applicants. Most schools are seeing a drop in applicants due to economic forces and lack of jobs. If schoosl let people in who can't pass NAPLEX, then they'll have to answer to ACPE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Hope i hear from him soon! Are you from fresno? lol i live like 2 hours away from fresno. Is your first choice Nevada?

Yes I am from Fresno, and Nevada is my first choice. Hoping I can get into that campus. Where are you from?

Thank you :)

a few weeks back i emailed dr deyoung and asked him on my admissions and he responded back he'll know my standings after 25th..i read that some said they were on the waitinglist. does that mean i probably got denied? :confused:

Do you think there will be more demands for pharmacists down the next 10 years? 20 years? And will the demand come from hospitals/inpatient or retail/community?

I got the acceptance call today around 7:30 !!!!! Dr. De Young was so nice and answered all my questions :) I am sooooo excited I got in to Utah and I am waitlisted for Nevada. Goodluck everyone!:D

The way you capitalized things made me think O_O what's the subliminal message? TDCO?

Anyways, I also was accepted to the Utah campus and I got a call on Saturday that I has a seat to the Nevada campus. :highfive: Perhaps thesituation took my Utah spot. :)

I think I was the 12th person on the list of waiters for Nevada, so that means a lot of people are backing out. Good luck everyone!
Sorry, that was unintentional. No hidden message.

I got the acceptance call today around 7:30 !!!!! Dr. De Young was so nice and answered all my questions :) I am sooooo excited I got in to Utah and I am waitlisted for Nevada. Goodluck everyone!:D
Congratulation to you. I am still waiting with hope +pity+

Congratulations! It's the best phone call in the world! In my opinion, it's pretty impressive that this school (Dr. DeYoung) calls you when your accepted instead of just sending an e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,
I want to say congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and if you are waitlisted don't give up hope. Some students received an acceptance call in mid August. I am currently a P1 at the Utah campus and rent out my basement apartment. The apartment is about 1100sf and I have 1 room available (female only). I am renting it for a flat rate of $480.00 per month. This includes everything (utilities, internet, cable...) The apartment is partially furnished and you would have your own bedroom and bathroom. It is about 15-20 min away from school in a very quiet/safe neighborhood. Send me a message if you want more info or pictures.

Do you think there will be more demands for pharmacists down the next 10 years? 20 years? And will the demand come from hospitals/inpatient or retail/community?

Whether there will be more or less demand depends on many factors. For example, while there will likely be more baby boomers on plenty of drugs, robotics can fill prescriptions with greater accuracy than pharmacists. Opportunities for MTM are expanding thanks to new legislation going into effect in the next two years. There are pharmacists who are already seizing those opportunities but there are also pharmacists who want to practice pharmacy the same way it was done 50 years ago. Should be interesting to watch.:idea:

I'm from Bakersfield and I hope to get into Nevada too :xf: It'll be about 4-5 hours away from home. Not too close and not too far haha

I pass by Bakersfield all the time when I head to LA. 4-5 hours away is not bad at all. Hopefully you get in and we'll be classmates!

Whether there will be more or less demand depends on many factors. For example, while there will likely be more baby boomers on plenty of drugs, robotics can fill prescriptions with greater accuracy than pharmacists. Opportunities for MTM are expanding thanks to new legislation going into effect in the next two years. There are pharmacists who are already seizing those opportunities but there are also pharmacists who want to practice pharmacy the same way it was done 50 years ago. Should be interesting to watch.:idea:

Hi, i have some questions:

What is MTM? Will robotics replace pharmacists in the future?

Thanks! I am so interested to know about the trends. :rofl:

Hi, i have some questions:

What is MTM? Will robotics replace pharmacists in the future?

Thanks! I am so interested to know about the trends. :rofl:
MTM=medication therapy management

is there any possibility that more people may give up there seats for nevada? i am starting to feel nervous and anxious. :scared:

when was your interview? did you contact dr de young before to check up on your status?

Does anyone have an idea of how many people made it on the waitlist this year and what the chances of getting off of it? lol I am just SO anxious, trying to be hopeful but its soooo hard :luck:

I interviewed on Feb.21. Yes I did call Dr. De Young at the end of march to check my status and I was waitlisted until now.

Does anyone have an idea of how many people made it on the waitlist this year and what the chances of getting off of it? lol I am just SO anxious, trying to be hopeful but its soooo hard :luck:

I just emailed Dr. DeYoung to ask him a few questions, and I know there are at least 80 people on the waitlist for Nevada. He didn't mention how long exactly the Utah waitlist was, but it sounds smaller than Nevada. He said he was going to email out 'waitlist packets' by this next Monday (4/30/12) that will give each candidate an idea of their rank for each campus.

Although it's different for each school, some of the pharmacists I work with now have done admissions work, and they said if you're in the top 15/20ish on the waitlist, chances are pretty good you may still get in at this point. They told me anything after that really is pushing it unfortunately.

I just emailed Dr. DeYoung to ask him a few questions, and I know there are at least 80 people on the waitlist for Nevada. He didn't mention how long exactly the Utah waitlist was, but it sounds smaller than Nevada. He said he was going to email out 'waitlist packets' by this next Monday (4/30/12) that will give each candidate an idea of their rank for each campus.

Although it's different for each school, some of the pharmacists I work with now have done admissions work, and they said if you're in the top 15/20ish on the waitlist, chances are pretty good you may still get in at this point. They told me anything after that really is pushing it unfortunately.

when did you interview and do you mind sharing your stats?

:xf: :xf:Fingers crossed for myself and those waiting.... :) :xf:

when did you interview and do you mind sharing your stats?

:xf: :xf:Fingers crossed for myself and those waiting.... :) :xf:

I was in the last interview group on 3/20/12. My stats aren't great haha, but I hope my pharmacy experience/volunteer work will make up for it.

Cumulative GPA: 3.2
Bio GPA: 3.0
PCAT: 79
Pharmacy experience: 4 & 1/2 years

Good luck to everyone waiting still!

Thanks for the info! I guess we will have to just continue to waittttt :scared:

Thanks for the info! I guess we will have to just continue to waittttt :scared:

i agree, i havent heard anything yet. i wonder if im even in the waitlist. a few more days to know where we stand. +pity+

i agree, i havent heard anything yet. i wonder if im even in the waitlist. a few more days to know where we stand. +pity+

same. O well there's next year

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

I called Dr DeYoung today he told me that he'll get the list together this weekend and Email everyone one waitlist so you know were you stand okay ??

Sounds good! Thanks! I was thinking to call him too but decided not to as I am sure, everyone still waiting to hear from him has contacted him recently... Patience is key. :)

Did anyone else receive the wait list information via email just now???

Did anyone else receive the wait list information via email just now???

Yea I got it.. I'm 40 to 60... No chance. But I was confused he said the top 100 gets in?....I thought people said after like 30 you have no shot

Yea I got it.. I'm 40 to 60... No chance. But I was confused he said the top 100 gets in?....I thought people said after like 30 you have no shot

which part of the email states that?

I think you have a decent shot even now. Don't give up hope. Don't make or cancel plans that will stop you.

I was in the Top 100 and got in...Maybe just lucked out...Last year (my first time applying) I was top 20 for Vegas and didn't get in lol. It's not impossible.

I was in the Top 100 and got in...Maybe just lucked out...Last year (my first time applying) I was top 20 for Vegas and didn't get in lol. It's not impossible.

So you didn't get in? I'm confused. You were in the top 100 and got in? for vegas?

Lol I don't get what you said..

which part of the email states that?

This part. After he told us the rankings.

While there are no guarantees, experience from previous admission cycles indicates that candidates ranked in the initial top 100 on the waiting list eventually received an offer of admission.

The initial wait list is not the list that was just sent out. That was his list before people starting declining admission. Last year I was 50-75 for Utah and 76-100 for Henderson before he sent the list, then I bumped up when the actual list was sent out due to declines. Did not get in though. The year before I was 100+ initially and bumped up to 76-100. This year I'm 11-25 Utah and 40-55 for Henderson. Don't know what it was at first because I did not ask. We'll see what happens. Good luck!

Someone previously, recently, stated that Dr. DeYoung told them that quite a few people did not pay their deposit. I think that is why the email states people in the top 100 have a good chance still.... I HOPE THIS IS TRUE! Fingers crossed!

Good Luck to everyone still wait listed.

does anyone know about their numbers for waiting list on 4/27/2012 or we have to wait till june to get our numbers? please let me know thanks

and also does anyone know about 100+ on a waiting list? what does that mean

If you're not ranked high right now I would not worry about that at this point. Deposits are due soon and when I talked to Dr De Young last week he told me many did not turn them in yet. Also many students are still deciding if they want to attend the school or not. Just a heads up for you guys. Good luck.

he said on his email that 100+ condidates in front of me so you think i should wait and still be positive?

do you know how many people on waiting list?

I am not sure how many are on the waiting list. What I do know is the deposit deadline is next week and when I was speaking with Dr De Young a good amount had not turned that in yet. That could have changed in a week, but I do not know. Someone got in last year that was top 100. Never give up, that should be out of your vocabulary. Good luck

Lol I don't get what you said..

lol...I'm a pharmacy student this year. I'm almost done with P1 year. When I first applied for the Class of 2013 class, I only got into the Top 20 for Vegas campus and didn't get in. I'm in the class of 2014 now and I was top 100 for the class of 2014 and I got in. Sorry. Just burned out...Didn't feel like double checking my post to make sure it made sense lol (at the time, my original post made sense to me). Point is: Don't give up hope until the first day of Orientation...Have faith.