Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Weird that nobody on here got an early acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

One week since the 1st interview has passed. I suppose all the early acceptances are sent by now.

I got a question for the P1 to P3 students.
How many hours on average can a pharmacy student dedicate toward working to pay bills? How is the Las Vegas/Henderson job market for young inexperienced student jobs?

How much you can work all depends on the student and what they can handle. School should be your first priority so be sure you can balance the two. Most students who work only do 8-16 hours a week mostly on weekends. I do over 20 hours at my job and I am able to keep up just fine. That means most of my free time is spent knee deep in the world of pharmacy getting ready for Friday's assessment. I have heard of students working more each week so like I said, it depends on what you can handle while still staying caught up in school.

Weird that nobody on here got an early acceptance.

It's still early though so they may not have the initial early acceptances out yet. It'll probably take another week or two. I know Dr. DeYoung is busy setting up the future interview dates. Are there anymore interviews in 2011? I know there are a handful of interview dates in January, February and March 2012 coming up.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's still early though so they may not have the initial early acceptances out yet. It'll probably take another week or two. I know Dr. DeYoung is busy setting up the future interview dates. Are there anymore interviews in 2011? I know there are a handful of interview dates in January, February and March 2012 coming up.

I believe there was only one 2011 interview date because the other two options were in January.

I can only dream of being accepted early or accepted at all lol... i'm assuming those that do get accepted early probably have a 4.0 GPA + extremely good interview. The wait and anticipation is killing me :( knowing the fact it may take until Spring to hear back from the school

I can only dream of being accepted early or accepted at all lol... i'm assuming those that do get accepted early probably have a 4.0 GPA + extremely good interview. The wait and anticipation is killing me :( knowing the fact it may take until Spring to hear back from the school

I totally agree with you. It's only been a week and a half since the Nov. 7th interview but it seems like forever. I know that Dr. DeYoung is busy, but I wonder if he has his list of offers already ?? The point system is quite straight forward in terms of the how much points are dedicated to each performance. I was told that the point system for the interview is a "make or break" scenario where the professor/student will either give a high score or a low score rather an in the middle or average because it will be difficult to draw the line in terms of offering acceptance when cases where PCATs & GPAs between applicants are too close. That's why the interview is so important. (would like to get pharmacy student confirmation on this, thanks)

I totally agree with you. It's only been a week and a half since the Nov. 7th interview but it seems like forever. I know that Dr. DeYoung is busy, but I wonder if he has his list of offers already ?? The point system is quite straight forward in terms of the how much points are dedicated to each performance. I was told that the point system for the interview is a "make or break" scenario where the professor/student will either give a high score or a low score rather an in the middle or average because it will be difficult to draw the line in terms of offering acceptance when cases where PCATs & GPAs between applicants are too close. That's why the interview is so important. (would like to get pharmacy student confirmation on this, thanks)

It's more like high, medium, and too low may be an auto-reject. If you're a November interviewee and don't get rejected soon afterward, you're still in good shape IMO. Just stay patient.

I don't think you're going to get auto failed on the interview unless you couldn't answer any question or gave horrible answers. Also the interview sheets had several parts to assess with a score range so I really doubt it's just high or low considering the sheet they have to fill out. It didn't seem like a simple good or bad answer.

Last edited:
Freshnewkicks- good luck! Hope you get one, and try not to be too nervous because they do a really good job of explaining the school and how it works and they try to help you see clearly if Roseman is a good fit for your style of learning. I met lots of people who helped interviews on Nov 7th be a really positive experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was offered an interview a few weeks ago and opted to interview at the Utah campus. I was worried that the decision may have affected my chances, but the tone of the conversation seems to imply that my worries a bit unnecessary.

Anyone else schedule to interview in Utah??

I was offered an interview a few weeks ago and opted to interview at the Utah campus. I was worried that the decision may have affected my chances, but the tone of the conversation seems to imply that my worries a bit unnecessary.

Anyone else schedule to interview in Utah??

Why do you think interviewing at Utah campus will hurt your chances?

I was worried that turning down the option to interview on an earlier date at the Nevada campus would affect my chances.

My concern was based on the date of the interview rather than the location. I should have chosen my words (and then proofread them) a bit more carefully!

I don't think there is a difference to which campus you interview at. As far as your chances of getting an offer I wouldn't worry about that either. Dr. DeYoung said he would only make a few early admission offers based on the amount of interviews that were conducted. I doubt they would fill more than 50 seats from the first interview so there are ~200 more openings at the least. I am completely guessing anyway. Anyone have any idea as to how they decide when to make the call?

I was worried that turning down the option to interview on an earlier date at the Nevada campus would affect my chances.

My concern was based on the date of the interview rather than the location. I should have chosen my words (and then proofread them) a bit more carefully!

I chose the utah date as well..but I think it might be better than going to the first date,...I think everyone was eager to get the first interview date so i think that could mean a lot more competition for the acceptances from the first interview (ha or so i tell myself)

Freshnewkicks- good luck! Hope you get one, and try not to be too nervous because they do a really good job of explaining the school and how it works and they try to help you see clearly if Roseman is a good fit for your style of learning. I met lots of people who helped interviews on Nov 7th be a really positive experience.

Thanks! I really hope to get an interview. I dont doubt that it will be a great experience.Good luck to you!

I turned in my application like Sept 9th and still haven't heard anything yet :( Anyways, how was your interview in Midwestern in IL?

Yikes! I knew I was getting my app in late but I guess I just have to wait it out. Midwestern wasnt too bad although the weather started to get kinda bad. I wont be hearing from them for another couple weeks. Btw do you have all your transcripts in? That may have to do with why you havent heard anything. I hope they have all of mine!

Thanks! I really hope to get an interview. I dont doubt that it will be a great experience.Good luck to you!

Yikes! I knew I was getting my app in late but I guess I just have to wait it out. Midwestern wasnt too bad although the weather started to get kinda bad. I wont be hearing from them for another couple weeks. Btw do you have all your transcripts in? That may have to do with why you havent heard anything. I hope they have all of mine!

well one of the college did not notify me that they cancel my transcript until Dawn email me that I was missing one of the college transcript! It wasted a month! :( Now, I am just waiting, but mostly I wont get an interview because my PCAT was very low and my GPA wasn't great! Anyways, so Shenandoah is your last choice?

That's a lot of interviews given out for the available spots. I always thought that the chance gets better once you receive an offer for interview, but apparently it's not that much better. The mountain is still quite high to climb. Good luck to all!

That's a lot of interviews given out for the available spots. I always thought that the chance gets better once you receive an offer for interview, but apparently it's not that much better. The mountain is still quite high to climb. Good luck to all!

There's like 250 spots between both schools.

There's like 250 spots between both schools.

I know there will be two interview dates in January. Are there more interviews for February and March? With the average of about 100 students per session, that will be 300+ applicants so far excluding the interview months after January. What is an interviewed applicant's chance when comparing to other pharmacy schools? Generally, do pharmacy schools offer this many interviews?

I know there will be two interview dates in January. Are there more interviews for February and March? With the average of about 100 students per session, that will be 300+ applicants so far excluding the interview months after January. What is an interviewed applicant's chance when comparing to other pharmacy schools? Generally, do pharmacy schools offer this many interviews?

They have two schools, Pacific which was the other school I interviewed at gave 300 interviews for 99 spots, Roseman has 250 sounds reasonable to give 600. So far there were 3 interview dates set up, but it didn't seem to be 100 people at the first interview.

Do they send you an email if you aren't invited for interview?

For the South Jordan campus there is going to be one January date, one February date and two March dates. I'm sure that will be the similar for the Henderson campus. I'd imagine that it will be the same as last year; non-test week Tuesday interviews in Henderson and non-test week Thursdays in South Jordan.

Do they send you an email if you aren't invited for interview?

Either that or a letter in the mail. They still invite people out for interviews up untill a few weeks before the last interview date. If someone cancels their interview, Dr. DeYoung will quickly try to find a replacement. We plan on conducting 600+ interviews this year.

Interviews could be sent by mail...? For my mailing address, I put my future apartment, not my current apartment (I'm moving to a different apartment in January). What should I do?:confused::eek:

Either that or a letter in the mail. They still invite people out for interviews up untill a few weeks before the last interview date. If someone cancels their interview, Dr. DeYoung will quickly try to find a replacement. We plan on conducting 600+ interviews this year.

Interviews could be sent by mail...? For my mailing address, I put my future apartment, not my current apartment (I'm moving to a different apartment in January). What should I do?:confused::eek:

As far as interview offer goes, i received mine through an email from dr. Deyoung. Still a lot of interviews left to go!

Alright..I hope I get it via email, given I get an interview. If I get an interview...that means I have a shot right..?

Interviews are requested by email or phone but rejections are done either by email or snail mail. Sorry for the confusion. Honestly though, I haven't heard of people getting letters in the mail. Email is just so much faster.

Interviews are requested by email or phone but rejections are done either by email or snail mail. Sorry for the confusion. Honestly though, I haven't heard of people getting letters in the mail. Email is just so much faster.

So they actually send out rejection mails, but that usually not until the school is finallized with their offers right and that is after all the interviews (most other professional schools are like that). From the email Dr. deYoung mentioned that there will be two interview dates for January, but he did not mention anything afterward - one in Utah and the latter in Henderson. I didn't know that there are more in february and march not to mention multiple in each month and location. The school really is generous. It's been two weeks since nov. 7 and still no news? Is this typical or Dr. DeYoung is just really busy ?? GL all! :oops:

Based on what was established so far, a phone call means admission, but a snail mail letter means :(.

Last edited:
Is your name Nan?

Nope, you're from Vegas? If you are, what do you think of the job market there for us? I hear the real estate market is the worse hit. Condos for sale are super cheap :rolleyes:

Nope, you're from Vegas? If you are, what do you think of the job market there for us? I hear the real estate market is the worse hit. Condos for sale are super cheap :rolleyes:

I believe the job market here is getting saturated.. However, that is just my opinion though. The growth of Vegas has slowed dramatically over these few years. However, that could be almost said for every city in the U.S due to the economic downturn.

Yes, the real estate market got hit pretty hard. Good time to buy! Same can be said for condos. A lot of people are swooping those condos up paying with cash.

PM me if you have any more Vegas questions. I'll be glad to tell you more :thumbup:

Can anyone explain about student pharmacy internships and how exactly do they differ from a regular school required rotation?

I believe the job market here is getting saturated.. However, that is just my opinion though. The growth of Vegas has slowed dramatically over these few years. However, that could be almost said for every city in the U.S due to the economic downturn.

Yes, the real estate market got hit pretty hard. Good time to buy! Same can be said for condos. A lot of people are swooping those condos up paying with cash.

PM me if you have any more Vegas questions. I'll be glad to tell you more :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch, buddy. I wonder of the newly pharm graduates how many are staying to work in Nevada if there are jobs. I also hear a lot about emphasizing the importance of an interview being weigh heavily then would a slight under-par PCAT score hurts a candidate if other scores are above mediocre?

Has anyone receive any news from the school yet?

Thanks a bunch, buddy. I wonder of the newly pharm graduates how many are staying to work in Nevada if there are jobs. I also hear a lot about emphasizing the importance of an interview being weigh heavily then would a slight under-par PCAT score hurts a candidate if other scores are above mediocre?

Nope.

I haven't received anything yet. Still playing the waiting game :eek:

Hi! I know I should be in the WAMC thread but I think my question is more specific if i post it here:

Current
Overall GPA: 3.5
Science and Math GPA: 3.11 :(
PCAT: 85
I dont have a BS but I have a lot of volunteer experience and shadowing pharmacists.

What are my chances of getting an interview?

Hi! I know I should be in the WAMC thread but I think my question is more specific if i post it here:

Current
Overall GPA: 3.5
Science and Math GPA: 3.11 :(
PCAT: 85
I dont have a BS but I have a lot of volunteer experience and shadowing pharmacists.

What are my chances of getting an interview?

Your chances are very good...Don't let you science gpa discourage you. You'll be fine.

I was at the Nov interview.

Overall GPA 3.70
Science and Math GPA: 3.55
PCAT 80
4 year B.S.
Volunteering and shadowing.

The interview went well I suppose so the waiting begins.

I was at the Nov interview.

Overall GPA 3.70
Science and Math GPA: 3.55
PCAT 80
4 year B.S.
Volunteering and shadowing.

The interview went well I suppose so the waiting begins.

Sounds like you'll be fine :oops:

Has ANYone heard from the school yet? I interviewed 11/7 as well, still waiting to hear. I know they are busy, but didn't Dr. DeYoung say they would let us know in about 2 weeks?