Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought that was going to be an issue too but if you have student loan debt and are still enrolled in school so that technically not having to make payments on the loan then it doesn't count toward your debt to income ratio.

Is this true? My loans are all deferred now so I technically owe nothing, yet the one mortgage lender I spoke with told me it wasn't possible. I kind of quit looking after that. I should find out if this is the case. Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno if laws differ from state to state but I was able to get a loan because my loans were deferred and the only debt to income I had was my car payments and what little I had on my credit cards. My issue was it was near impossible to prove my income since I live off tips so I just had to put a huge chunk of change for a down payment.

Congrats to everyone accepted to Class of 2017!! For those still waiting, don't lose hope, and I know the waiting period is so painful. Hang in there!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno if laws differ from state to state but I was able to get a loan because my loans were deferred and the only debt to income I had was my car payments and what little I had on my credit cards. My issue was it was near impossible to prove my income since I live off tips so I just had to put a huge chunk of change for a down payment.

Can i ask which mortgage lender you went through?

Wells Fargo has my mortgage now. I went through a mortgage broker thought so I'm sure another company had it first. I can ask my real estate agent, who was awesome by the way, who to refer up in Utah.

Any news on new interviews?? Congrats to everyone who got in!

Hey guys. I applied for this cycle too. I'm still waiting on an interview. :-/

Good luck you guys !

@PandaRX ... i have been talking to a couple mortgage lenders and I just don't see it working. Might have to knock some loans out before purchasing a home. .. Thank you though. did you complete your fafsa yet ?

Hey...for the people that got accepted already. Are you all residents of Nevada and Utah? Its only been like a week since my interview, but I figured the people they would likely to call first would be residents.

ok i give...im putting a flying panda as my background on my phone.

Reactions: 2 users
No I started filling it out but I'm waiting on one last w-2. Do we have to wait to sent the acceptance until after we fill out the fafsa? Also the eBay store sent the panda to my house instead of yours so I'm putting it in the mail today for you. @SooC

@PandaRX . The acceptance is due by the 17 th I think so id send that over to Roseman right away !! I have been checking my mail everyday and was wondering where it went haha. thanks again!

@daabc . Panda luck is the way to go ! Here is the one I used. I modified it to my liking from the original but im happy to share. Good luck !!!

Attachments

• PicsArt_1391438419501.jpg
    PicsArt_1391438419501.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing Tuesday with me in Nevada?? I'm a resident here, and willing to bring you to the interview too

We're trying to do the whole buy-a-house-with-existing-outrageous-student-loans-and-more-to-come thing too, this has been pretty helpful! And my stuff was due by Feb 7, according to the email, so I did the fafsa already. With our savings for a house, it was painful to see our EFC :inpain: I'm hoping they don't really expect that much out of pocket, lol

I agree. However, Roseman is more like $150-$170k (higher for dual-degree students)... not including interest accrued. Still, even when compared to an in-state tuition of 25k per year for 4 years (which is only 100k total), it is cheaper because you graduate and are able to start making money a year sooner. It almost always ends up being cheaper to go to a 3 year school, in the long run.

On their website is says they charge 45k per year. Could you elaborate on how you came up with your number of 150-170k? Just curious.

I think they meant for other fees like insurance, computer fees, and living expenses, etc. so it would cost 135k for the tuition only plus whatever extra you need to take out.

I cant get approved for a loan for the life of me due to debt to income...

On another note, what's roseman's dress code?

No I started filling it out but I'm waiting on one last w-2. Do we have to wait to sent the acceptance until after we fill out the fafsa? Also the eBay store sent the panda to my house instead of yours so I'm putting it in the mail today for you. @SooC

Hey just fyi, u can submit a fafsa before completing your taxes. I just chose the 'will file' option and ive never had a problem. Just wanted to let you know.

I cant get approved for a loan for the life of me due to debt to income...

On another note, what's roseman's dress code?

I asked this during my tour, since the students were all very casually dressed. There is none! They said on assessment days, people just roll in sweat pants or whatever. That was refreshing news :D

Hey just fyi, u can submit a fafsa before completing your taxes. I just chose the 'will file' option and ive never had a problem. Just wanted to let you know.

@SooC Thanks sooooo much! I didn't even know that was an option. Ooooph... I'm gonna owe so much money....

Hi everyone! So whose interviewing tomorrow? How are you guys getting to the school from airport?

Hi everyone! So whose interviewing tomorrow? How are you guys getting to the school from airport?
I'm interviewing tomorrow in Henderson! I'm a resident here

I'm interviewing tomorrow in Henderson! I'm a resident here
Hi,

I'm interviewing tomorrow as well. Were you able to find practice interview questions from previous years? I can't seem to find any…

You get called the same day? :)
Some people will be called very quickly depending on their stats and how the interview went. Most will have to wait at least a week, and several won't hear until the May deadline.

Has anyone who submitted the fafsa been contacted by Roseman regarding their financial aid package? I have an EFC from fafsa but dont know how that number will work its magic for pharmacy school.

Has anyone who submitted the fafsa been contacted by Roseman regarding their financial aid package? I have an EFC from fafsa but dont know how that number will work its magic for pharmacy school.
I haven't heard anything from them yet either.

In
I haven't heard anything from them yet either.

Did you get an EFC number too? I don't remember seeing this for my undergraduate tuition. all I know is my EFC is significantly less than the COA....

In

Did you get an EFC number too? I don't remember seeing this for my undergraduate tuition. all I know is my EFC is significantly less than the COA....
Yeah, they give you an EFC even with undergraduate loans.

Anyone who took the PCAT this year (Jan 2014) receive an interview yet? I just got an email from Pearson with my official score. Not sure how long before Roseman receives it too...

How'd everyone's interviews go today? Mine was really long. Took the whole 30 min with DeYoung. Now the hard part of waiting :/

Its been 2 weeks and still waiting. I'm thinking its because I am not a nevada resident and they finishing up the interviews for this block before getting to non residents.

Its been 2 weeks and still waiting. I'm thinking its because I am not a nevada resident and they finishing up the interviews for this block before getting to non residents.

I wonder if residents who interview get accepted, I dunno tho. I know they have extra admission points. Hard to tell what they look for too. There were only a couple residents at my interview session.

If you look at the previous postings, some people posted their stats. My gpa should be around 3.6 and my pcat is 85 which is fairly similar. So im hoping that they haven't sent me anything yet mainly because I'm not a resident.

If you look at the previous postings, some people posted their stats. My gpa should be around 3.6 and my pcat is 85 which is fairly similar. So im hoping that they haven't sent me anything yet mainly because I'm not a resident.

Yea I think everyone's stats are similar. Mine is the same as yours, lower pcat score tho. I'm a nevada resident, and have been a tech for a longgggggg time lol. That's all they really talked about in my interview. Asked "based on your experience...."

Ya during the interview they ask me different questions and how would i solve it and also questions about myself. I don't know how well i did but i got dr. Mandal and the student interviewer (angela i think) to laugh a few times. I also got them to subconsciously nod a few times when i was answering the questions. I think my inyerview was longer then 30 mins.

On their website is says they charge 45k per year. Could you elaborate on how you came up with your number of 150-170k? Just curious.

Sure. It was $48k this year (for tuition and fees, not including the health insurance) and it increases every year. So you are at about 150k for 3 years there, not counting interest accrued. The MBA program adds about 21k total.

Sure. It was $48k this year (for tuition and fees, not including the health insurance) and it increases every year. So you are at about 150k for 3 years there, not counting interest accrued. The MBA program adds about 21k total.
Are you in the MBA program? If so I was wondering what you thought about the first year's classes. I am considering doing the dual program as well.

Are you in the MBA program? If so I was wondering what you thought about the first year's classes. I am considering doing the dual program as well.

Yes I am in the MBA. It's a good deal, cost wise, but it has it's drawbacks. For one, you don't get a summer vacation if you do MBA. Also, I have heard from a couple P3's that it could interfere with getting the rotations you want come third year. If you do get a "summer" (ie: you fail a Pharmacy class), you will have to do that class instead of one of your MBA classes and I suppose you will either make up the MBA class in third year or finish it the summer after you graduate with your PharmD. I think it's easier for those who transferred a couple of business classes in.... I didn't, I have to do all of them at Roseman.

I think it's a good option if you really want to run a business or be in administration. A benefit is that the PharmD students in the MBA program make friendships before the rest of the class meets for the first time, so it's easier to build more relationships that way. The MBA/PharmD students are "closer knit", I would say.

Just my opinion/experience so far. Best of luck whatever you decide!

Yes I am in the MBA. It's a good deal, cost wise, but it has it's drawbacks. For one, you don't get a summer vacation if you do MBA. Also, I have heard from a couple P3's that it could interfere with getting the rotations you want come third year. If you do get a "summer" (ie: you fail a Pharmacy class), you will have to do that class instead of one of your MBA classes and I suppose you will either make up the MBA class in third year or finish it the summer after you graduate with your PharmD. I think it's easier for those who transferred a couple of business classes in.... I didn't, I have to do all of them at Roseman.

I think it's a good option if you really want to run a business or be in administration. A benefit is that the PharmD students in the MBA program make friendships before the rest of the class meets for the first time, so it's easier to build more relationships that way. The MBA/PharmD students are "closer knit", I would say.

Just my opinion/experience so far. Best of luck whatever you decide!
Thanks a ton for the insightful response! Definitely some things to ponder.

Anyone who took the PCAT this year (Jan 2014) receive an interview yet? I just got an email from Pearson with my official score. Not sure how long before Roseman receives it too...
You have to send it to PharmCAS.

Check your PCAT CID on PharmCAS!!! Even though it's mentioned in like 9 different places, I did forget to include mine, and this delayed my PCAT getting sent to PharmCAS by a couple of weeks. But it posted within 24 hours once I corrected everything and then I received my interview email very soon after. If you remember entering that number in PharmCAS, go back and verify it!!! Just a warning for everyone, it sucks waiting longer because of something silly!

Check your PCAT CID on PharmCAS!!! Even though it's mentioned in like 9 different places, I did forget to include mine, and this delayed my PCAT getting sent to PharmCAS by a couple of weeks. But it posted within 24 hours once I corrected everything and then I received my interview email very soon after. If you remember entering that number in PharmCAS, go back and verify it!!! Just a warning for everyone, it sucks waiting longer because of something silly!

Thank you for that info!! I didn't even enter it at all! I thought I did that already......Just did it now:nailbiting: Thanks a bunch for that reminder!

You have to send it to PharmCAS.

This is what it says under my Pearson account...This should go directly to Pharmcas, correct?

PCAT Registration

Test Date: January 2014
Score RecipientsCode
Roseman U of Health Sciences087- Sends to PharmCAS (104)

I just got an email yesterday that they received everything at roseman. I dunno if that includes the fafsa so I'm gonna call about that. I don't have an EFC portion....

Acceptance calls have started. I am so excited to be going to the South Jordan Campus!!!!! I interviewed Feb 6th in South Jordan. Good luck to those still waiting.

Last edited:
How was deyoung?? What questions did he ask??

He was really nice! All my questions were situational questions based on my experience being in the field for so long. Like, "the worst pharmacist you ever worked with, what made him so bad" "what made the best pharmacist so good" "what was protocol for an upset patient, would you bump him a head of everyone" asked what motivates me, what's professionalism, how many schools did I apply to, would I reapply, if I wasn't even close to their 90% assessment score would I restart at the beginning of the year or risk being dropped and having to reapply, how would you handle multiple personalities in a group, what if you couldn't agree on an answer that would either be pass or fail based on your answer. Lol lots of questions and he told me a story too hehe