Roseman University of Health Sciences Pharmacy Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

koh1995

Hey everyone:

I want to apply to Roseman University of Health Sciences Pharmacy School in the upcoming year.

I would have most of their requirements done by the end of Winter 2015:

General Chemistry I
General Chemistry II
Organic Chemistry I
Human Anatomy
Calculus I
English Composition
Speech

I would only have these three classes left and will have them completed by the end of Summer 2015.
Microbiology
Human Physiology
Organic Chemistry II

Extra Classes I would have taken if it matters include:
General Physics (1 Semester)
Statistics
Psychology 1
Sociology 1
Econ 1 (maybe)

After finishing these classes I will be done with 2 years at community college. It will mean that I do not have a Bachelors Degree.

Also I will have Volunteer Experience at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. I will have volunteered over 100 hours by then, hopefully even over 200 hours by then.

I will be studying for the PCAT from the Kaplan book and another book called Cracking the PCAT. I will take the PCAT in early January 2015 as well.

First of all is that too late to take the PCAT or is it okay to do it that late?
What are my chances of getting in?
Will it be hard to take the PCAT without taking any biology & physiology courses beforehand?
Will Pharmacy School be hard without taking any biology courses besides microbiology?
(this school only requires microbiology)
What other extracurricular activities can I do to better my chances at admission?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone:

I want to apply to Roseman University of Health Sciences Pharmacy School in the upcoming year.

I would have most of their requirements done by the end of Winter 2015:

General Chemistry I
General Chemistry II
Organic Chemistry I
Human Anatomy
Calculus I
English Composition
Speech

I would only have these three classes left and will have them completed by the end of Summer 2015.
Microbiology
Human Physiology
Organic Chemistry II

Extra Classes I would have taken if it matters include:
General Physics (1 Semester)
Statistics
Psychology 1
Sociology 1
Econ 1 (maybe)

After finishing these classes I will be done with 2 years at community college. It will mean that I do not have a Bachelors Degree.

Also I will have Volunteer Experience at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. I will have volunteered over 100 hours by then, hopefully even over 200 hours by then.

I will be studying for the PCAT from the Kaplan book and another book called Cracking the PCAT. I will take the PCAT in early January 2015 as well.

First of all is that too late to take the PCAT or is it okay to do it that late?
What are my chances of getting in?
Will it be hard to take the PCAT without taking any biology & physiology courses beforehand?
Will Pharmacy School be hard without taking any biology courses besides microbiology?
(this school only requires microbiology)
What other extracurricular activities can I do to better my chances at admission?

From my understanding, Roseman will accept Jan PCAT scores, so it is ok to take it Jan if you plan to take it then. If you have a high GPA, you will have a chance of being offered an interview. Of course the PCAT would be difficult without taking any biology courses. You'll have to learn everything from scratch.

Members don't see this ad :)
I forgot to mention do you mean by Dec 2014? I think you need to have complete most of your prereqs by then if you plan on applying next application cycle. Check the school's website for specifics.

I forgot to mention do you mean by Dec 2014? I think you need to have complete most of your prereqs by then if you plan on applying next application cycle. Check the school's website for specifics.

yes Winter 2014 = Dec 2014

do you guys know anywhere else i can post these questions? nobody replies to me on either places i posted on