Roseman vs. MWU AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmillie01

Reaction score
Roseman

Pros
Closer to home
slightly cheaper
better school/life balance
P/F (could also be considered con) but makes it seems more laid back.

Cons
Not as strong clinically
Snow

Midwestern AZ

Pros
Weather
Strong clinical program

Cons
More expensive
More rigorous

I was really impressed with Midwestern and I have heard a lot of good things about the school. Their clinic experience is obviously top notch. Roseman seems to have a more laid back reputation and part of me thinks that is awesome but part of me is worried about that also. I know dental school will be challenging no matter where I go. I would really like to hear from people who are current students at Roseman or who know more about their program. Staying in Utah would be nice but its hard to turn down Midwestern even though it would be more expensive.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Midwestern is one of the better "new" dental schools, you will learn implants at least. Roseman is also on the "better" side of the new schools and has a decent vibe/atmosphere, but I think Midwestern has a stronger program

Roseman

Pros
Closer to home
slightly cheaper
better school/life balance
P/F (could also be considered con) but makes it seems more laid back.

Cons
Not as strong clinically
Snow

Midwestern AZ

Pros
Weather
Strong clinical program

Cons
More expensive
More rigorous

I was really impressed with Midwestern and I have heard a lot of good things about the school. Their clinic experience is obviously top notch. Roseman seems to have a more laid back reputation and part of me thinks that is awesome but part of me is worried about that also. I know dental school will be challenging no matter where I go. I would really like to hear from people who are current students at Roseman or who know more about their program. Staying in Utah would be nice but its hard to turn down Midwestern even though it would be more expensive.
Where did you end up deciding to go? I’m deciding between those two right now