Ross Application - Questions

meadow36

UF CVM 2013
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Gainesville, FL
  1. Veterinary Student
    I'm in the process of filling out the Ross Application and I'm a little confused about some things.

1 - The pre-req GPA - is this just for the courses listed for pre-vet on the application?

2 - No where do I see an area for experience, except for the two lines allowed for large animal and two lines for small animal. Should I put my experience in the additional info (since this is my strong point - don't want to leave it out)?

3 - LOR's only two? Would the PHD I worked with in research count as an academic LOR? Will they take two vets?

Anything else I should know? Would appreciate any additional info.

Thanks!

VeganChick

Tufts University V'13
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Jan 7, 2008
    Central MA
    1. Veterinary Student
      Hi Meadow36 -

I feel your pain! I almost didn't apply when I saw the app as my GPA sucks but my experience doesn't. The pre-req GPA is, indeed, for the required courses. They do get your transcripts, so they will see your other grades anyway.

I think that they purposely put only two lines there for your experience so I wouldn't put anything in the "other information" section. I did try to expand on these in my essay (which, of course, being only 300 words is tough to do but possible).

As for the LOR's, I sent one vet and one prof so I can't really help you there, I'm sorry.

Good luck!

meadow36

UF CVM 2013
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Sep 23, 2007
      Gainesville, FL
      1. Veterinary Student
        Hey Vegan Chick-
        Did you put anything in the "other info" section? I can't think of what to put there (except for my experience, but if you didn't then I guess I shouldn't). Hey maybe I'll see you there next year!!
        Meadow

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.