Ross medical school Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RN2MD2014applicant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to create this thread. Hope we can share more information on here and help each other out. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not planning on attending ross this year. When I created this thread I was planning on starting come September. After a lot of contemplation and suggestions I think re applying to US med schools will be a better option. Too much at stake going to island schools. Getting a competitive residency is almost impossible. 2016 on the residency spots are going to get more competitive coz med schools in US have increased their class sizes while residency spots remain the same...so the odds are very bleak. If you want to be a family practice physician, island route is the easy way out. Just my opinion and from what students who went to island med schools have suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As a Ross student, I'm happy to report that we aren't doing that bad in the Match (http://www.rossu.edu/medical-school/2015residencyappointments.cfm). Something like roughly 90% of graduates matched this year? Not bad for a Caribbean school.
I'm content with my decision to attend school here and so are my friends (2) who have graduated and matched in the US (general surgery and internal medicine).

Don't rule Ross out just yet.

As a Ross student, I'm happy to report that we aren't doing that bad in the Match (http://www.rossu.edu/medical-school/2015residencyappointments.cfm). Something like roughly 90% of graduates matched this year? Not bad for a Caribbean school.
I'm content with my decision to attend school here and so are my friends (2) who have graduated and matched in the US (general surgery and internal medicine).

Don't rule Ross out just yet.
Greetings want 2 come 2 Ross roughly how much is the out of pocket expenses for boarding & lodging & incidentals besides the tuition