Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Ross U (Dominica)...Advise

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FrodoMD, May 5, 2004.

1. FrodoMD

FrodoMD New Member

Can anyone give me any advise on schools like Ross university???

2. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Dont go before you have tried getting in a US MD/DO program...unless you are absolutely sure you have no shot at a US program or don't believe in the DO philosophy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jamaican MD

Jamaican MD G.I.T.
    7+ Year Member

www.rossmed.edu

I've worked with a fellow and an attending who went there. I would exhaust all options in the US first (i.e. one year masters, post-bacc, apply at least 2x) then I would go. I'm not sure I agree with going DO if you're not into the philosophy. Who cares if you went to the Caribbean? Prove yourself through grades, boards and shine during clinical year.

4. history _ice

history _ice Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey,

I got accepted to Ross and I'm still waiting on US schools, I agree with what has been said above. However, if you want more information and accurate information from students in those kind of schools there is a forum just like this one for foreign school which i think you might find helpful.

http://www.valuemd.com

Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...