Ross Vs. St. George's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willieverbeadoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
which one is better???????

Members don't see this ad.

My brother-in-law goes to Ross (he's a second year, only 21!!) and he is happy there. He's coming home later this week, so I can ask him specifics about Ross' strengths if you'd like. I know that every year, most people get into US rotations through Ross' affiliated hospitals. But its all about your board scores (from what I hear) Ross' clinical rotations (after the first year and a half are complete) are done in Miami, so you have experience treating the US population (advantageous if you are planning on practicing in the states, different pops have slightly different care needs, and clinical rotations that are limited to a Caribbean island might mean that you are not best prepared to treat people in the US - I am, of course speaking in a very general, loose sense here, I am not saying that these doctors are in any way "inferior", just stating that they have experience treating a patient population that is not the same as would be seen in the states.) He says that there is not much to do on the island (good because even if you are tempted to slack, there is nothing to do but study), but the classrooms are pretty high tech, and the faculty are very intelligent and helpful. Hope this helps!

Ross is a decent school, but SGU has the best overall reputation, board scores, residency placement, and campus in the caribbean. I'm not a student there, but I hear many good things about the place.