Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ross

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by Miguel, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Miguel

Miguel Junior Member

Just wondering what people think about Ross. Is it legit? What is the average gpa for accepted students.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yes, Ross is "legit" and has graduated several years worth of physicians who are know practicing in the US.

I do not know the average gpa for Ross but if you do a search on the "International" forum on Ross, you will undoubtedly find lots of information and some current students which would help you.

Hope this helps.

4. Toran

Toran Senior Member

Ross is legit, however if you get the opportunity to attend a US school I would highly recommend that route.
    Toran

5. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member

I have heard that their average gpa is 3.4 and average mcat is 25-6. I have also heard that it is a decent school, but that the living conditions there are primative.

6. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the average stats of accepted students. From what I've been told by the administration and from what I've read in numerous publications, the average GPA is around 3.1-3.2. Medschool.com lists the avg. GPA as 3.2. I know of two people who've been accepted to Ross and both are on opposite sides of the spectrum. One had a 2.3 and the other had a 3.3. No joke. Just apply. The school is VERY primitive. If you don't mind living in a tropical, jungle-like environment, Ross may be the place for you. Also, Ross accepts ROUGHLY 1/2 of all applicants every semester and they have 3 of them every year. There's a trick to this madness, though. It's easy as hell to get in, but not always so easy to get out with the MD. Ross is notorious for having a high turn-over rate, so make sure you KNOW you can finish the curriculum BEFORE you decide to go down there. I'd try SGU before any other school, initally. I know students there too and they have nothing but positive things to say about the school. Also, I've been told that the school tries really hard to enable you to achieve your dreams. They have decel and tutor programs, just to name a few of the good things about the curriculum. This is just my opinion...make up your own mind! You'll be fine.

Peace