Rotation Choices for Penn St. medical students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbtbay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if Penn St. medical students have to do their rotations at Hershey their third and fourth years? Does anyone have any experience with doing rotations elsewhere during their third and fourth years? Is it hard to do?

Members don't see this ad.

bbtbay said:
I was wondering if Penn St. medical students have to do their rotations at Hershey their third and fourth years? Does anyone have any experience with doing rotations elsewhere during their third and fourth years? Is it hard to do?

I'm a second year at PSUCOM right now and we are waiting to hear what rotation cohorts we will get for next year...should get the results any day now. For all of the rotations there is at least one other hospital to choose from. For instance: Peds - Harrisburg, York, Lehigh, Hershey; OB/GYN - Lehigh, Hershey, Reading, York, Harrisburg.....etc. The family medicine rotation has about 12 choices. As you can see, there are many options to choose from within the system. As fourth years we have even more leeway and can choose to do rotations outside the system, even abroad. Let me know if you have any more questions!