Rotation in Melbourne for US resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssm82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all - I just started my intern year in the US and am looking to do a one month away rotation in Melbourne where I have lots of family in Jan.

Most of the programs I've looked up mentioned electives for medical students, but not residents specifically. Has anyone done this recently or know about websites? I'm going into ophthalmology, but I'm open to working in any field while in AU (I have the rest of my life with eyes!)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all - I just started my intern year in the US and am looking to do a one month away rotation in Melbourne where I have lots of family in Jan.

Most of the programs I've looked up mentioned electives for medical students, but not residents specifically. Has anyone done this recently or know about websites? I'm going into ophthalmology, but I'm open to working in any field while in AU (I have the rest of my life with eyes!)

Thanks!

I would try searching the local hospital's websites. Try to find a department you are interested in and just try emailing them and ask them if they would be willing to allow you to complete an elective/observership/etc.

Also, try contacting Melbourne and Monash Medical schools and asking them for advice.

Good luck.