Rotation sites: prettier hospital vs hospital with more residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hospital A or Hospital B?

• Hospital A

• Hospital B

Results are only viewable after voting.

94hdogs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is not a troll post. My school is having me choose between two rotation sites. One hospital (hospital A) is arguably prettier, and in a better location, but it doesn't have any residencies that I'm interested in. The other hospital (hospital B) is in a worse location, but has several residencies that I'm interested in. Both hospitals are almost equidistant to where I live. I don't actually want to match at either of these hospitals, but these would just serve as base hospitals for me to complete my core rotations at. I would imagine that with hospital B, I could come in during my free time and shadow/do extra shifts in departments that I'm interested in like anesthesia, etc., which I feel would help if I'm trying to network with the faculty/get LORs. With all else being equal, which one would you choose?

Members don't see this ad.

Who the hell cares about the aesthetics of a hospital if it doesn’t have any sort of connection to what you want to do in residency?

Reactions: 7 users
Who the hell cares about the aesthetics of a hospital if it doesn’t have any sort of connection to what you want to do in residency?
The other one is like, really janky lol. But I only have to stay at the janky hospital for 8 months I'm told.