rotational motion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echoyjeff222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much rotational motion do we need to know for the MCAT? I'm looking at the content outline and the only relevant part seems to be the rotational stuff for torque ... I don't see much on angular velocities and such that TBR outlines ... it is my worst nightmare for some odd reason. I don't like it at all, haha. So ... can anyone verify?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely know torque, it is a key concept. You should also be familiar with angular velocity and how it conceptually works as well as the whole F = (mv^2/r) for centripetal force information.

Looking back on my extremely thorough notes, the section on rotational motion is uncharacteristically sparse. So, I don't think you need to know in detail, but definitely have a grasp of it conceptually. I'd say understand everything from the TBR book, but don't stress over it. Take notes on it when you review so you can come back and understand the material without looking at the book again. It's a good study technique to make sure you understand the concepts.

Definitely the most important thing to know by far is F = ma = mv^2/r, which is just m x centripetal acceleration (v^2/r)