Rotations at Kirksville, UHS-COM (Kansas City), and OSU-COM (Tulsa, OK)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jefftzeng

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted in UHS and am awaiting interviews at Kirksville and OSU-COM. I have been hard pressed to find information about rotations (ie 3rd and 4th year) such as quality, abundence of hospital sites, etc. This is my final factor in selecting which school I will attend and any information would be of great help, especially from current students. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

At KCOM, you choose from 3rd and 4th yr sites at Phoenix, St. Louis, Kirksville, (a few other cities in MO-Rolla, Jeff. City, and Cape Giardeau) Michigan (4 diff. sites ex Detroit) NY (St. Barnabas-Bronx) NJ (St. Micheals), Ohio (several sites) by lottery. No matter where you go...rotations experiences are what you make of it!

When I interviewed @ OSUCOM in Tulsa, they explained to me that they have their own hospital, and that they want you to stay there for the rotations. That was enough to make me decide that I might not want to go there. I hope someone can prove me wrong.

------------------
--
KidT
[email protected]

Remember though that while your 3rd year is spend generally at a "core" hospital (in other words, no matter what school you attend, you will be stuck in pretty much one place your entire 3rd year), your electives during your 4th year can be done at just about any hospital in existence.