Rotations in US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santa_claus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm a 2nd year student from Australia. I'm planning to do some of my rotations in US. My school (University of Queensland SOM) doesn't have many contacts with US hospitals, so students, wishing to do their rotations there have to organize it on their own--which I'm trying to do. I know not all hospitals accept foreign students, however, I don't know of any database where I can look up this information. If you happen to know that your hospital accepts foreign students, post here! I'm particularly interested in NY area, but info about hospitals in other areas will also be greatly appreciated!

ps to be even more specific, I'm interested in surgery and ob/gyn...so if you know of a place where I can get those rotations -- please share!
thanks,
Santa

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,
I'm a 2nd year student from Australia. I'm planning to do some of my rotations in US. My school (University of Queensland SOM) doesn't have many contacts with US hospitals, so students, wishing to do their rotations there have to organize it on their own--which I'm trying to do. I know not all hospitals accept foreign students, however, I don't know of any database where I can look up this information. If you happen to know that your hospital accepts foreign students, post here! I'm particularly interested in NY area, but info about hospitals in other areas will also be greatly appreciated!

ps to be even more specific, I'm interested in surgery and ob/gyn...so if you know of a place where I can get those rotations -- please share!
thanks,
Santa

Try http://www.electives.net/. It seems you need to be member of MDA National. (I'm a student member of MAS in New Zealand, which is great)