Quantcast

Rotations/residency programs for psych in NJ/NY/Philly???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LBG

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey,..I am a 3rd year at UMDNJ-SOM and I am desperately trying to figure out where to set up psych rotations,...I have been advised by other students to try to do rotations at hospitals I want to apply to for residency,..Only problem is,..I want to stick around the Philly or NYC area and all the programs/program directors I have contacted seem to favor MD's and only have 1-2 spots,...People say MD/DO for psych doesn't matter b/c it is duel-certified but I just really want to know some hospitals in NY/NJ/and mostly Philly that some of you DO med students matched at so I can get an idea of where to apply/where to set up my 4th year electives,..

PLEASE HELP!!

sasevan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
great question; like u, i'm interested in psychiatry and doing rotations in the NYC/Philly area sounds awesome.
please post ur question in the psychiatry forum; the moderator in a DO and in his last year of psych residency in The City.
also, some people there have posted that they matched in NYC (maybe they did rotations there before.
good luck:luck: