Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rotations/residency programs for psych in NJ/NY/Philly???

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by LBG, Mar 22, 2007.

1. LBG

LBG

Medical Student
    Hey,..I am a 3rd year at UMDNJ-SOM and I am desperately trying to figure out where to set up psych rotations,...I have been advised by other students to try to do rotations at hospitals I want to apply to for residency,..Only problem is,..I want to stick around the Philly or NYC area and all the programs/program directors I have contacted seem to favor MD's and only have 1-2 spots,...People say MD/DO for psych doesn't matter b/c it is duel-certified but I just really want to know some hospitals in NY/NJ/and mostly Philly that some of you DO med students matched at so I can get an idea of where to apply/where to set up my 4th year electives,..

PLEASE HELP!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sasevan

sasevan Senior Member

Medical Student
    hi,
    great question; like u, i'm interested in psychiatry and doing rotations in the NYC/Philly area sounds awesome.
    please post ur question in the psychiatry forum; the moderator in a DO and in his last year of psych residency in The City.
    also, some people there have posted that they matched in NYC (maybe they did rotations there before.
    good luck:luck: