Rough estimate of date of matriculation at DO schools?

• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Bob Debilder

2+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi, I understand the exact date depends on and varies by the school, but I was wondering if anyone has a rough range of the date(s) at most schools (due to experience with applications)? Is there a particular month when most schools have their date of matriculation?

I'm just trying to get an idea because the way my coursework is planned out, there is one last course I will have to take at some point after the initial application (in an upcoming cycle), and I'm aware I have to submit my complete coursework by date of matriculation.

I checked the websites of a couple of the schools I really like but I haven't had much luck finding a concrete date.

bears1992

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Early August is when most schools start. I interviewed at ARCOM 8/22 and the 1st year students had just started that week.

Reactions: 1 user

Bob Debilder

2+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Early August is when most schools start. I interviewed at ARCOM 8/22 and the 1st year students had just started that week.

I see, thanks so much! So I should be ready to have all my coursework submitted by early August then?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.