RR Path worth it w/3 weeks left?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

merovingian

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear great things about this book, just wondering if its worth it for me to buy it right now w/about 3 weeks left of study time (and leaving 1 week for complete review?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm listening to his lectures (I have 3 weeks left, too) and going through Rapid review and I think it is totally worth my time. As others say he doesn't do just path-he gives a lot of useful facts, physiology, drugs, biochem, genetics, molecular biology etc...and in particular the guy knows what he's talking about regarding the the USMLE test questions.

I listened to his anemia section today, then did practice questions and I killed every single Qbank question on anemia. Goljan has a great system.

ok i gave in and checked out a few lectures. it's not bad to listen to while at the gym. overall though, i dont' think he tells you anything that a competent student couldn't figure out. it's good in that he specifically tells you what's important to know. so i'll keep it around for those reasons. i love his book though.
Sure, that's true. And some people prefer to read rather than be lectured to. Personally I'm not that good at picking up the big picture on their own. I tend to get caught up in the details, and spend too much time on one thing.

I'm not a 'lecture' person, either, but in Goljan's case he is such an excellent lecturer that it makes it very high yield for me.

To each their own. :thumbup: