rumors about stanford interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Long_John

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hearing some rumblings that Stanford might, i mean might, send out a bunch of interview invites to qualified candidates before they break for winter vacation next week
Stay tuned

Members don't see this ad.

awesome! lets up those rumblings are true.

I hope I get a rumbling!! Lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Long has it been since I have abandoned hope.

I hope we all get invites!!

PhotoMD said:
K everyone who has posted thus far is guaranteed an invite, right guys?. See you all in Palo Alto! Any further posters, I hope you should be so lucky as us!

Oh noo!! I missed my one shot of getting an invite to stanford due to my slow posting!!! Crap!

Yeah, I heard that Stanford continuously checks SDN to see who's talking about them. It also doesn't hurt to have good grades, but it's really about posting.

(I hope sarcastic posts count...) :rolleyes:

Anyone know anything about those interview rumblings? Whether there's a batch on the way and/or whether a batch has already gone out...?

boardchic said:
Anyone know anything about those interview rumblings? Whether there's a batch on the way and/or whether a batch has already gone out...?

The Admissions Office said that if you are invited to an interview they will email you, so don't check your mailboxes, check your emails.

Happy Holidays

Members don't see this ad :)
boardchic said:
yep, nothing here...keep on waiting. still 4 days left!

I'll bet that Stanford is just trying to be sweet to all of us antsy applicants by giving us our interview invites on Christmas morning. ;)

UCLAstudent said:
I'll bet that Stanford is just trying to be sweet to all of us antsy applicants by giving us our interview invites on Christmas morning. ;)
but are they working on Christmas morning though? Berk is closed after the 23rd though ... so I would bet Stanford will not working on Dec 24

faradayampere said:
but are they working on Christmas morning though? Berk is closed after the 23rd though ... so I would bet Stanford will not working on Dec 24

why d'ya have to rain on everyone's parade?

come on ... getting invite on christmas morning is not realistic ... we have to face with the reality of life =)

faradayampere said:
come on ... getting invite on christmas morning is not realistic ... we have to face with the reality of life =)

:( :mad: :eek: :scared: :thumbdown:

Cat's Meow said:

look at his name...he can't live outside the scientific realm of realism :D

There seems to be some confusion. I was being sarcastic. ;)

LoveDoc said:
look at his name...he can't live outside the scientific realm of realism :D

:( :( :( :( :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Cat's Meow said:

i was agreeing w/ u ...isn't faraday...a geeky name? :eek:

:thumbdown: backatcha

early signs there is some truth to those rumors. at least for the rejections
somebody received a rejection yesterday (posted on the rejection thread). more likely to follow.
means the adcom is finally getting to making decisions on applicants. hopefully they'll be able to send out some more decisions (interviews and rejections) before break so some of applicants can have some sort of resolution before a long break

Long_John said:
early signs there is some truth to those rumors. at least for the rejections
somebody received a rejection yesterday (posted on the rejection thread). more likely to follow.
means the adcom is finally getting to making decisions on applicants. hopefully they'll be able to send out some more decisions (interviews and rejections) before break so some of applicants can have some sort of resolution before a long break
Yeah, I saw that too. You wouldn't happend to know how they send interview invites/rejections, would you (ie email or regular mail)? I'm starting to get very nervous.

Khenon said:
Yeah, I saw that too. You wouldn't happend to know how they send interview invites/rejections, would you (ie email or regular mail)? I'm starting to get very nervous.
invites through email
rejections through regular mail. so probably that person who got rejected lives pretty close to the university so she found out earlier than others.

Long_John said:
invites through email
rejections through regular mail. so probably that person who got rejected lives pretty close to the university so she found out earlier than others.
Crap! I guess I know mine's in the mail then. I always get my letters a couple of days after other people get theirs. This will be my first post-secondary rejection. I think I'm going to cry. :(

But I'll get over it! :)

I just called Stanford's admissions office. The message says, "The med school admissions office will be closed from December 20 to January 3. No one will be checking messages during this time." I guess we all have a while longer to wait before there's even the hope of hearing anything more (unless of course there are more rejections in the mail...)
Do people know... has anyone interviewed there yet? According to the website, interview notifications go out through January... that's not very much longer... when are they going to interview people?!
this is driving me nuts (haha... do you guys know the joke about the pirate...?)

LoveDoc said:
i was agreeing w/ u ...isn't faraday...a geeky name? :eek:

:thumbdown: backatcha

My bad :(

So, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to you :love: !

so based on other threads, it seems those holiday rumblings from stanford are rejections. i'm really scared to go home and check my mail now....

CarleneM said:
so based on other threads, it seems those holiday rumblings from stanford are rejections. i'm really scared to go home and check my mail now....

I got a Stanford invitation invite today...JUST KIDDING!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm also afraid to check my mail...there might be some hate coming from Palo Alto since by application has been complete for about 4 months now :(

Ahh...who needs Stanford anyways :)

To all those waiting for love, :luck: :luck: :luck: .

You scared me! :scared: :D

Cat's Meow said:
I got a Stanford invitation invite today...JUST KIDDING!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm also afraid to check my mail...there might be some hate coming from Palo Alto since by application has been complete for about 4 months now :(

UCLAstudent said:
You scared me! :scared: :D

Sorry :)

Just wanted to be a little jovial!

But I am sure good news will be coming soon for you and others here.

PhotoMD said:
Is it just me or does it seem from anecdotal message board evidence that Stanford hasn't been sending much of anything in the way of invitations or rejections out at all?

I was thinking the same thing! :confused:

sorry ppl about the post on the other day =)

i'm scare now ...

should I check my mail??

faradayampere said:
sorry ppl about the post on the other day =)

i'm scare now ...

should I check my mail??

I'm scared, too! Although maybe this is sort of a good thing. Normally I get really ansty about going home after work and checking my mailbox, today I'm slightly more apprehensive. :)

PhotoMD said:
Is it just me or does it seem from anecdotal message board evidence that Stanford hasn't been sending much of anything in the way of invitations or rejections out at all?

There have been very few interview invites so far (this from the people at the office when I was there). I'm sure there will be more batches coming up soon as they've just started.

Stanford is totally sweet btw - good luck to all of you!

Hi guys, I got rejected from Stanford (I am the one who posted on the rejection thread). I got the letter in the mail yesterday. I was complete the beginning of october and am MD only. Also, yes, I live very close to Stanford so luckily, I got my rejection letter quickly. Good luck to all of you.

Cat's Meow said:

seriously, now that you have gotten into ucsf stop posting; you're only playing with the emotions of those who have not heard anything yet, like me! and please stop using those clover leaves! The moderators should take away your option to use that...

Long_John said:
hearing some rumblings that Stanford might, i mean might, send out a bunch of interview invites to qualified candidates before they break for winter vacation next week
Stay tuned

i guess those rumblings I was hearing were more about rejections then interview invites. already seen like 4 people on SDN get their rejection letters from Stanford in the last week. first people Stanford has rejected in this whole process.
Here's what I think is going on and this is pure speculation on my part. I think Stanford has considerably narrowed down their field for interview invites. They have probably narrowed it down to like only 1000-1500 applicants from the original 5000 they had. They've sent invites already to the absolute cream of the crop and just recently sent rejections to those that didnt make this original cut. When they get back in early Jan, they are going to narrow down the field considerably and start getting busy with those interview invites. This school is going to have to get very busy and aggressive with their interview schedule (I mean like interviewing 10-15 applicants a day from Jan to Feb) if they ever plan on being able to meet AAMC regulations regarding accepting enough students by March to at least fill the class. Additionally, you have to consider the lag in between interview invite and the actual interview. Usually around 2-3 weeks for most applicants because they need to clean up their schedule and make the appropriate arrangements.
Bottom line: Stanford is going to be very active when they come back from break

Long_John said:
i guess those rumblings I was hearing were more about rejections then interview invites. already seen like 4 people on SDN get their rejection letters from Stanford in the last week. first people Stanford has rejected in this whole process.
Here's what I think is going on and this is pure speculation on my part. I think Stanford has considerably narrowed down their field for interview invites. They have probably narrowed it down to like only 1000-1500 applicants from the original 5000 they had. They've sent invites already to the absolute cream of the crop and just recently sent rejections to those that didnt make this original cut. When they get back in early Jan, they are going to narrow down the field considerably and start getting busy with those interview invites. This school is going to have to get very busy and aggressive with their interview schedule (I mean like interviewing 10-15 applicants a day from Jan to Feb) if they ever plan on being able to meet AAMC regulations regarding accepting enough students by March to at least fill the class. Additionally, you have to consider the lag in between interview invite and the actual interview. Usually around 2-3 weeks for most applicants because they need to clean up their schedule and make the appropriate arrangements.
Bottom line: Stanford is going to be very active when they come back from break

do you think they are checking applications based on submission date? or is that not a factor for them? Also, is this how it was for them last year?

Haybrant said:
do you think they are checking applications based on submission date? or is that not a factor for them? Also, is this how it was for them last year?
they have revamped their entire admissions process starting without screening pre-secondary. so basically they have twice as many secondaries to review plus they are placing a much greater emphasis on research experience in their applicants and supposedly they have abandoned rolling admissions in favor of non-rolling

hello,

i think i was complete in early september and didn't get my invite until the first week of december.. someone said something about the interview coordinator being on vacation or something which may be true. I'm going in early January, but I don't think they've scheduled many at all b/c pretty much all the days were open. M/F are reserved for people travelling from the east coast they say.

best of luck

geez. i started the week hoping for love from UCSF (didn't get any), and now i'm hoping for no hate from stanford.

longjohn, your theory sounds pretty good; don't know how true it is, of course, but it seems to make sense.

Haybrant said:
seriously, now that you have gotten into ucsf stop posting; you're only playing with the emotions of those who have not heard anything yet, like me! and please stop using those clover leaves! The moderators should take away your option to use that...

Now, seriously--you should take a chill pill.

I just want to wish everyone the best in this whole process and hopefully answer questions if I can. You probably haven't read a lot of my posts in the UCSF section--I'm still posting there because several people have asked about the secondary/interview process and I have tried to provide answers based off my experiences.

So don't hate and stop being mean. Seriously.

But anyways, :luck: :luck: :luck: to you.

When I say :luck: , I really mean it :)

My recent discovery of this forum has been a frightening experience. To the extent that these postings are reflective of a person's real-life interactions, I am appalled at the social ineptitude demonstrated by so many future doctors.