Running out of time during practice Fls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psyflgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I know there has been previous threads about this but I can't seem to find the answer that I am looking for. I have taken 2 1/2 lengths and 2 FLs and for the PC and BB sections I run out of time. I know the main reason why I'm running out of time is because I am weak in a few things, the other reason is that I am terrified of missing info when I am reading the passages and even though I am not a slow reader I take forever to read the passages because of that. For CARS and PS for the most part I am always able to finish, but for PC and BB I can barely make it to Q30 (Not good I know). I know I have to review my weaknesses (currently working on it), but besides that I would like to know if someone has some advice on how to manage my time during those 2 sessions.

I have read people's advice saying to guess and move on, but I feel that if I guess in a question that know the answer for but just don't take the time to work on it, and then move on maybe the questions after that I am even weaker on and I end up missing a chance to answer right the ones I knew. The fact is I am 9 days away from my exam and I have a serious issue with time management. I would greatly appreciate some advice in regards to this matter. Something I can apply in the short period of time that I have left.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Question 30? You need to postpone your exam. You are no where near ready. For the passages you don’t need to read that slow and take in every little detail. For one you don’t even need the full passage for all the questions. Some parts of the passage and even some of the graphs are not needed for the questions. Some of the questions don’t even require the passage at all. What you need to do is after each paragraph write down a 5-7 word summary and some light highlighting. Get the gist of it and then go back to the passage depending on the question. The first look at the passage you want to get the important things and get a big picture for what is going on.

I can’t stress this next part enough though. You need to reschedule your exam. You are only getting halfway through the C/P and B/B sections. If you take the exam in 9 days you will bomb these sections.

Are you second guessing your answers a lot? I only double-checked if I felt I really had a good reason to. Answer it, be okay with it, and move on. Kept me finishing a couple minutes early each section! If nothing else, mark the ones you'd like to go over again and finish the test first.