[Running out of time!] UCF (University of Central Florida) vs MCG (Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unclened

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just received an acceptance off of the waitlist at UCF! I feel incredibly fortunate to have two acceptances right now and are having a ton of difficulty choosing between the two...

MCG:

Pros:
- Pass-Fail First two years
- An older, more established school
- Closer to family and friends
- Roughly 10K cheaper per year.

Cons:
- Located in Augusta, not as much to do out there when I am not hitting the books.

UCF:

Pros:
- Awesome communication/ experience with the admissions committee. This also seems to translate over to the faculty, as they seem to also be very responsive to the students.
- Higher average step scores (although step 1 most likely will be pass/fail)
- Located in Orlando/Lake Nona (much better location to explore when not studying!)
- Students looked happy to be there

Cons:
- Letter graded preclinical
- Even after a scholarship, it looks like I will still be paying around 10K a year more to attend.
- few hours further from family, friends, & GF

Initially, I was extremely impressed with my experience interviewing at UCF (and still are), however, I feel that MCG may be a more logical choice, as there is a lower COA, it has pass-fail for preclinical, closer to family, is more established, and is ranked similarly with UCF.

Thanks!

Edit: Formatting

Edit: Made it more concise

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: