Rush Decision???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwong112001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody interviewed at Rush in late march heard anything from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I called today. They put me on the waitlist. Had anybody interviewed on late March get accepted? I thought I had a pretty good interview. I guess good interview doesn't count that much. Rush is a great school doo.

You don't have to give up your hope yet if you are one of the late interviewees. I got the feeling that Rush had placed everybody who interviewed from March to April on the waitlist. They had probably filled up all their slots before March. However, they wanted to interview applicants for the alternative list in case there are overwhelming rejection turn outs from the students who were accepted already. I guess we still have a plenty of hope left.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by jwong112001
You don't have to give up your hope yet if you are one of the late interviewees. I got the feeling that Rush had placed everybody who interviewed from March to April on the waitlist. They had probably filled up all their slots before March. However, they wanted to interview applicants for the alternative list in case there are overwhelming rejection turn outs from the students who were accepted already. I guess we still have a plenty of hope left.

I got this general feeling as well although I think they probably accepted a few people outright. I interviewed on 3/11 and was waitlisted. I too felt that my interviews went pretty well so hopefully that will turn into a higher rank on the WL. I also wrote a letter of intent and had two letters of rec sent to them....I just really liked the environment at Rush and would love to go there. Good luck to you....they tell me they will rank the WL at the beginning of May so I am going to start calling on Friday to find out what quartile I am in!

I glad that somebody feels the same way. Although I did not and will not send additional info. to Rush, I am really hoping to get in there. So far, schools that accepted me are from out-of-state. I really do not want to go out-of-state. Economically, I am not fit to do so. My earning is the primary income for my family right now, so I did not save up a lot of money to go out-of-state for medical school. On top of that, I do not a car. Therefore, I will have to spend more money on transportation than most of the students (money that I do not have). I hope we can both get in. I know at this stage we can do no more than praying. I wish everything will turn out the best at the end. Yet, I am expecting the worst at the moment. So no matter what happens, I will not be too depressed. I always use this method to deal with my emotion.