Rush Email: "Complete our secondary"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leahmaria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from rush today:

Rush Medical College
Office of Admissions

Applicant: Leahmaria
AMCASID: ***********
Date: 01/06/07

Your Supplemental Application online account will expire on 08/11/06.

Dear Rush Medical College Applicant,

As you continue to work on this supplemental application, please remember the Committee on Admissions will not review your materials until your file is complete. If you have not already done so, please have your Letters of Recommendation sent to the Admissions Office as soon as possible. In addition, we will need to have your completed Signature Form which includes Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Residency and a non-refundable $70 application fee or fee waiver, also on file. Please monitor the status of these forms via our supplemental website at http://rush.infostatz.com which is updated weekly.

You now have ten days left to complete our supplemental application. Should you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected]

We look forward to receiving your completed application!

Sincerely,

Jill M. Porter, M.S.Ed.
Director of Recruitment and Special Programs
Rush Medical College
600 South Paulina, Suite 524-H
Chicago, IL 60612"

what the heck??? I was complete in JULY! and their website says so....also, it clearly says that I my application expired AUGUST if I wasn't complete! Did anyone else get this? They're getting an email from me as soon as I"m a little more awake!

Members don't see this ad.

i got it too, dont worry about it.
just a little glitch in their system.

yeah, i got it as well. this is ridiculous. rush needs to get their stuff together... we were all offered interviews, and now we're not complete? come on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got this too, and I have not been offered an interview. The problems with their system are getting old.

i also got this email. this adds to the list of frustrations that i have had with rush this year, not the least of which is that they can only be contacted via email (to which they don't respond for weeks)! this is a terrible reflection on the school.

I got this too, and I have not been offered an interview. The problems with their system are getting old.

Yeah, complete since September, but knowing the email was from Rush, I opened it not expecting it to be an interview invite, but something ******ed like this. :mad:

Are any of you replying to them letting them know that you're already complete? I emailed them asking for my status nearly a month ago, and this is the first email that I've gotten back from them

Yeah, complete since September, but knowing the email was from Rush, I opened it not expecting it to be an interview invite, but something ******ed like this. :mad:

Same here, once I saw the sender I thought to myself "this is probably another mistake..."

I also received the email about the secondary. With all these mistakes.. I sometimes think that my acceptance might be a mistake too even though it was sent snail mail. My paranoia has kept me from withdrawing and declining interviews from schools I wouldn't pick over Rush.

I received that email also - and I've already withdrawn from Rush! They really need to get their act together ...

I received that email also - and I've already withdrawn from Rush! They really need to get their act together ...

Yes they do! I shadowed a doctor who went to rush and speaks so highly of it, otherwise I probably wouldn't still be interested after all of this.

For those that interviewed at Rush, did they ever give you a phone number to call if you had any problems? Did they not pay their phone bill or something?

Anyone email Rush about the strange email? If so, any responses?

Anyone have any idea how many interviews they have conducted? So does this mean their interview season is going to run extra long because they are just getting started? Ugghhh...more waiting!

Anyone email Rush about the strange email? If so, any responses?

Anyone have any idea how many interviews they have conducted? So does this mean their interview season is going to run extra long because they are just getting started? Ugghhh...more waiting!

their interview dates for Jan is only on Weds and so they have 3 more days for Jan if any. A friend of mine who was invited in late mid Dec was schedualed for Jan 10. I am assuming they are now in late Jan or early Feb days as they only interview 17-20 people per session and around 400 overall!

Hope that helps!

I interviewed at Rush and still got the same message. I was hoping they would at least apologizes for their shortcomings during this interview season, but they didn't. If I was able to ignore their email problems and just focus on the interview itself, I would think it was a great school to go to. Nonetheless, this email thing is entirely annoying.