Rush sec and a tip for everyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions first:

- what is "Please return by" on the 1st page?

- should I list all my recommenders on the 4th page in spite of I'm getting Premedical Committee letter?

And do you guys need an advice how to edit and save pdf files free and easly?

Members don't see this ad.

2) I Didn't, I just mention that I have a premed committee letter and the adcom's should be happy with it.

How about using Adobe Acrobat 4 or 5 and just typing everything in like it was a Word document? Or how about printing it as a PostScript file, editing that with GhostView or something similar, and re-distilling it into a pdf? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Originally posted by Barin:

And do you guys need an advice how to edit and save pdf files free and easly?•

Members don't see this ad :)
This is an impenetrable thread. I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Originally posted by imtiaz:
•How about using Adobe Acrobat 4 or 5 and just typing everything in like it was a Word document? Or how about printing it as a PostScript file, editing that with GhostView or something similar, and re-distilling it into a pdf? Huh? Huh? Huh?

[qb]

And do you guys need an advice how to edit and save pdf files free and easly?•
[/QB]

For free, my friend.

Barin--is this in reference to Duke in some way? It sounds like your questions are related to that app for some reason. If so, I think I can answer them. Repost and let us know.

Oh, I guess I didn't look at the thread subject. I don't know anything if you're talking about the Rush one and not the Duke one. Sorry for the confusion. This is a weird thread.

For free, my friend.•

The way Imtiaz described IS free. The idea of using ghostscript and printing as a PS (using the free file Redmon) file is a good, cheap way of writing PDF files for free. Here's a link to PDFfree - this will allow you to make free PDF files. The configuring is a pain in the ass, but it will work if you don't have Adobe Acrobat (full version).

the app posted on the rush website is usually mailed out to applicants, and the admissions office stamps a due date on the 'please return by' blank. so since we're just printing it off the website, just disregard it.

i just typed my responses in word as one long document and didn't even use their form. they don't provide much room to answer their questions. the adcom is perfectly happy with this approach.

speaking of free acrobat 5 - if you have a fast connection and a good gnutella clone like Limewire......

not that I would ever do anything like that ;)

Originally posted by IlliniEMT1:
•speaking of free acrobat 5 - if you have a fast connection and a good gnutella clone like Limewire......

not that I would ever do anything like that ;)

Yes, this is another quick and easy way to get a PDF writer.

But I would never recommend it...I mean, it's illegal...but it would work...