Rush Secondary..damn that's long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Don

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey peeps, I was wondering if someone can give me rough estimates of the type of numbers that RUSH looks for in their applicants. That secondary is really long and I don't know if I should send it in if they base their screening on only numbers (ie 30 MCAT, 3.5 GPA or better), thanks
Don

Members don't see this ad.

I agree that the secondary is pretty long....I haven't even really read it yet. I think that their MCAT averages are around 29. I am not sure about the GPA, it says national average so I would guess it's around 3.5. I don't think they are so bad with numbers so I would give a try if I were you. Also if you happen to be a resident of IL..(hey I live in CA and am still an IL resident!)...then you will really increase your chances.:) Good Luck!!

Rush doesn't have a numerical cut-off for MCAT or GPA score...

According to their handout for 2002

3,075 applicant
475 were interview (375 in-state 100 out-of-state)
Science GPA of 3.52
Mean MCAT of 9.3V, 10.2PS, and 10.0BS
104 students accepted (~20 out of state)

Their application looks long but the questions are fairly straight-forward and easy. Plus they are the type of questions you might be asked on your many other interviews :) so its good to prepare for them anyways!
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
keptium,
where did you get that info? can you tell us how many of the applicants were Illinois? I thought there class size was about 120 not 104.
thanks

CRAP!

you are absolutely right!

I meant to put 120 (really!) but i think i confused their class size with Pritzker which is like 104 or something like that. :) :)

Anyways, I got all those numbers from a sheet that Rush gives out when interviewing there.....they have all the stats of the 2002 applicants and other stuff as well

so using that sheet..plus the MSAR from last year i got those numbers

There's a slight difference in numbers between the sheet and the MSAR, but I went with the sheet considering its comes straight from RUSH

According to MSAR 1363 in state applicants, 360 in state interview, and 100 in-state acceptance

cool?

Originally posted by keptium

According to MSAR 1363 in state applicants, 360 in state interview, and 100 in-state acceptance

cool?

Careful in distinguishing between accepted students and students who matriculate. For a class of 120 students, it is likely that at least 200 were accepted (probably more). Don't have the exact stats on accepted vs. matriculated though because Rush did not return the annual US News and World Report survey...

gotgirth is correct, in fact a school could accept as many as 400 to fill a class of 120