Rush Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jezzielin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey did anyone else get this? It is automatic isn't it? :smuggrin: Oh well, secondary #1 here we go!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

TheDarkSide said:
Heh. I got it, too. But it doesn't open for a few weeks! :(
Same here, got it on a Sunday no less. Isn't Rush's like ten essays?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it is. At least they are in the ballpark of paragraphs - not pages for each. Have fun! :laugh:

are you sure? last year's secondary was full on essays. And there were like 10 of them. That was the hell of all secondaries. If you get that one done, consider the rest of the secondary process downhill, as you can reuse the essays for other schools.

yeaa Rush definitely has the longest secondary of all schools. i feel like it's a weed out for the kids who just apply to a ton of schools to increase their chances of getting in. who knows. i think each question had a max of 2000 characters. it's not too bad. just try to get your 2ndaries done as soon as u get them or they will definitely start piling up. good luck guys! the interview part of the process will be more fun :laugh:

My responses got shorter and shorter after each question. I remember one of the last questions, which asked to list the hobbies and interests--I just gave them a list of words :laugh:
Rush's secondary was the last one I received (in october, even though I submitted my AMCAS app in July). I completed it in mid-december :eek: I had no motivation left to finish those essays after filling out all my other secondaries.

Anyone having trouble navigating Rush's system? I'm usually pretty savvy when it comes to these online forms, but I feel like I'm going in circles. What's the way out? Thanks ...

To my Mac friends: the Rush application behaves much better in Safari, not Internet Explorer. I couldn't tell you why ...

prana_md said:
To my Mac friends: the Rush application behaves much better in Safari, not Internet Explorer. I couldn't tell you why ...

Rush's secondary is shorter than the secondary thread said it would be. Did it change from last year?

It only seems a lot longer if you are a re-applicant. If you are a re-applicant there are like 10 extra questions. Rush doesn't screen does it?

anystream said:
Rush's secondary is shorter than the secondary thread said it would be. Did it change from last year?
Oh good--I was really scared about the ten essays.