RUSH University - Opinions/Facts please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cho15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow SDNers. I'm trying to find information about RUSH's med program but their website is very minimalistic and difficult to navigate. Does anyone have some more in depth information about the new systems-based curriculum they're putting in place this fall as well as information about facilities, clinical exposure, residency matches, Step 1 scores, academic calendar etc...? I've only come up with 3-4 year old info while searching SDN so some updated stuff would be quite helpful. Also, any opinions about RUSH over other Illinois schools would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you may want to post this question under the main rush U site. It gets more traffic

Hi fellow SDNers. I'm trying to find information about RUSH's med program but their website is very minimalistic and difficult to navigate. Does anyone have some more in depth information about the new systems-based curriculum they're putting in place this fall as well as information about facilities, clinical exposure, residency matches, Step 1 scores, academic calendar etc...? I've only come up with 3-4 year old info while searching SDN so some updated stuff would be quite helpful. Also, any opinions about RUSH over other Illinois schools would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

I am currently M1 at Rush.

Systems based system: Just like any other systems based curriculum, one block focused on one topic e.g. Neuro and everything is integrated for that one block with an exam at the end of the block.

Facilities: A huge new hospital will be finished in 2012. Lots of new technology in this hospital - each room and the stuff in it is exactly the same, ecofriendly, large windows for natural lighting, minimum distance for doctors/nurses to move to rooms etc.

Clinical exposure: we get a lot of clinical exposure from first year especially compared to some of the other schools in chicago. it's also really easy to shadow docs in different specialties.

I don't know much about step and match because i'm only first year, but we do have a good number going into orthopedics because of rush midwest orthopedics.

Calendar:
http://www.rushu.rush.edu/pdffiles/2010-2011calendar.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.