This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mirror_on_the_wall

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So, going to loyola and having a friend at Rush I will just say this. They are completely different schools in every way.

Do you want to learn from lectures, or do you want to learn in a self driven manner with no lectures (short videos) a 100 page packet and problem based learning? This should really drive your decision making. The curriculums are very different.

I would argue loyola has a stronger reputation nationally but both are essentially the same tier of school. Your decision should really be about how you want to learn.

Also, 1) youre going to want a car at either school and 2) loyola is not unranked they did not participate in the ranking this year. If you go to the page it clearly states "[1] School refused to fill out the U.S. News statistical survey." 3) Loyola if you visit is on this HUGE medical campus that is very safe and not actually in Maywood lie on one side is a forest and the other side is the huge VA campus. I live 5 minutes from the school in a very very nice wealthy suburb.

DO you want the urban or suburban experience?

Either way you cant go wrong. Just remember they are very different schools.

Reactions: 1 user
So, going to loyola and having a friend at Rush I will just say this. They are completely different schools in every way.

Do you want to learn from lectures, or do you want to learn in a self driven manner with no lectures (short videos) a 100 page packet and problem based learning? This should really drive your decision making. The curriculums are very different.

I would argue loyola has a stronger reputation nationally but both are essentially the same tier of school. Your decision should really be about how you want to learn.

Also, 1) youre going to want a car at either school and 2) loyola is not unranked they did not participate in the ranking this year. If you go to the page it clearly states "[1] School refused to fill out the U.S. News statistical survey." 3) Loyola if you visit is on this HUGE medical campus that is very safe and not actually in Maywood lie on one side is a forest and the other side is the huge VA campus. I live 5 minutes from the school in a very very nice wealthy suburb.

DO you want the urban or suburban experience?

Either way you cant go wrong. Just remember they are very different schools.

Thanks for your insight! I've been seeing your comments on multiple threads for Loyola and Rush before. I saw you interviewed at both schools in previous cycles and you go to Loyola now. Were you also accepted to Rush?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your insight! I've been seeing your comments on multiple threads for Loyola and Rush before. I saw you interviewed at both schools in previous cycles and you go to Loyola now. Were you also accepted to Rush?

Pretty sure (from reading previous threads) that Talldoctor96 wasn't accepted to Rush