Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

rush vs loyola

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hm, Jun 17, 2002.

1. hm

hm Junior Member

anyone know which one of these is better: Rush (chicago) or Loyola (chicago)? ive been trying to find
    us news and rpt, but i havent been able to find a hard copy (their website isnt helpful at all). what
    about residency placement? i really want to go to the one with the best reputation--the one
    that would be most impressive to residency programs. heeeeelllllppppp!

2. agent

agent agent, RN
    7+ Year Member

i would go to loyola.. but comprably they are very close

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. keptium

keptium Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree that both are really close in terms of reputation....but Rush is in the heart of Chicago's medical district with a huge diverse patient population. Plus I have family friends who have graduated from there and they all have said nothing but praises for Rush, commenting on the friendly students and non-competitive atmosphere....also i'm pretty sure that its not affiliated with a religious order...in case that is a factor for you....while Loyola is.....

4. agent

agent agent, RN
    7+ Year Member

loyola's big + for me would be their one topic at a time curriculm and their early leave times...., btx 12 and 2 pm usually

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lt. Ub

Lt. Ub Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Go Loyola - no one's heard of Rush on the east coast.