RUSH vs. Medical College of Wisconsin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HumbleServant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if you've seen this topic in Pre-Allopathic, but I'd like anyone and everyone willing to respond.

I'm choosing between these two school to attend med school. Any opinions/thoughts/advice?

Thanks in advance,

HS

Members don't see this ad.

If you want a little more prestige I would say Medical College of Wisconsin. Recently, this school was placed on the top 50 list in the U.S. News and world report. Also, Rush doesn't have a gym facility for their students, so if you enjoy working out, you have to join up with a private gym. Finally, if you attend Medical College of Wisconsin, you not only enjoy Mil. but you can take a nice drive to Chicago. Hope that helps!

I'm fairly sure that MCW has been in the top 50 for a couple of years running... they also have placed in the primary care category as well. My personal experience with people in the admissions, fin aid, and MD-Phd offices has been very positive. With my experience, I found them to very helpful with a variety of things. I do not know about others' experiences, these are my own.