1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

RUSH vs. Medical College of Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by HumbleServant, Mar 31, 2001.

1. HumbleServant

HumbleServant Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sorry if you've seen this topic in Pre-Allopathic, but I'd like anyone and everyone willing to respond.

I'm choosing between these two school to attend med school. Any opinions/thoughts/advice?

Thanks in advance,

HS

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. leegp

leegp Junior Member

If you want a little more prestige I would say Medical College of Wisconsin. Recently, this school was placed on the top 50 list in the U.S. News and world report. Also, Rush doesn't have a gym facility for their students, so if you enjoy working out, you have to join up with a private gym. Finally, if you attend Medical College of Wisconsin, you not only enjoy Mil. but you can take a nice drive to Chicago. Hope that helps!

4. twister

twister Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm fairly sure that MCW has been in the top 50 for a couple of years running... they also have placed in the primary care category as well. My personal experience with people in the admissions, fin aid, and MD-Phd offices has been very positive. With my experience, I found them to very helpful with a variety of things. I do not know about others' experiences, these are my own.