Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

RUSH vs. Medical College of Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by HumbleServant, Mar 31, 2001.

1. HumbleServant

HumbleServant Junior Member

Of the three acceptances so far -- these are my two main two. Anyone with opinions -- good/bad/objective/subjective?

Much obliged for the help.

I currently live in a Chicago suburb and would eventually like to practice in the Chicagoland area.

Thanks.

HS

------------------

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Since you're from the Chicagoland area, and want to practice there someday, the obvious choice SHOULD be RUSH. That's my opinion. Wisconsin is a great school and it's very difficult to get into, so the pick is yours to make. I'd choose RUSH because I'd want to stay in the state, closer to home.

4. RickDoc

RickDoc New Member

Congratulations on your acceptances !!
    If I were you, I would definitely choose Rush over MCW. As the above poster said, it is close to home and therefore will allow you to get residencies in you home state much easier than MCW. Also, Rush has a much smaller class size (120) and will allow you to get much more personal attention. MCW is 204 students per class. Also in my opinion, Chicago is a lot more interesting than Milwauke.. Just my 2cents. [​IMG]

5. HumbleServant

HumbleServant Junior Member

What about ... which school is "better" .. or is either one better than the other?

Thanks again for the replies, your help is greatly appreciated.

6. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'm not about to sit here and tell you which one is better because someone out there is going to disagree and its not my place to make the decision for you. It's a subjective decision that you have to make. I hesitate to say one school is BETTER than another. I think both schools are very similar in respect to the education you'll receive. I just think it would make more sense for you to go to RUSH. But, if you feel that going to Wisconsin is better, then follow your heart. Where are you leaning towards at this point?