Rush vs U of Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dan86

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to Rush University and U of Miami and wanted to get some feedback from current students and other applicants before deciding where to go.:p

Members don't see this ad.

Rush is a great school and the students there are very happy, but when I went to interview there was about 2 feet of snow on the ground and w/the wind chill it felt about 10 degrees. I couldn't handle that stuff for 4 years, being from sunny so cal. Miami on the other hand, I've never been to the school, but there are some hot chicks out there, and the weather is so beautiful, that would be enough for me.

i just came back from a weekend at miami beach.
i'm still kicking myself for not applying there :mad: :mad:
my girlfriend is also kicking me :oops: :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
whats the price tag like at each school.

all things being equal, its coral gables man :cool:

The undergraduate campus is in Coral Gables NOT the medical school. We are located in downtown Miami. As a first year (soon to be a second year :clap: ) student, I can honestly tell you that you will absolutely love being a student here at Miami. Everyone is very helpful and nice. The professors are extremely approachable and seem to always want to perfect the curriculum. Plus the weather is awesome. You can go to the beach after class many times throughout the year when we get out early from class. In addition, there are tons of fun things to do in Miami. Is there even a question to what school you should attend? :confused: ;) :D