Rutgers Clinical PhD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

az_zulu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about the program at Rutgers? I'm looking to apply there for Fall 07 and so I decided to get involved in an internship there over the summer. They have a non paid internship at the Developmental Disabilities Center. Rutgers is one of my top choices and so I'm hoping to use this internship as an opportunity to make sure this is the right school for me and to get my foot in the door a bit. Please let me know if you have any info on this particular program and/or the Developmental Disabilities Center there?

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard that it is EXTREMELY competitive but a great program...

All the best! I hope you get in where you want to go!

Cool_Jung said:
I have heard that it is EXTREMELY competitive but a great program...

All the best! I hope you get in where you want to go!

The PsyD program is extremely competetive. I don't know that the PhD program is any more competetive than any other, but then again PhD programs tend to be competetive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rutgers has a very competitive, excellent program. Very strong in dev. disabilities - I believe Sandy Harris still helms the research center there.

I'm planning on volunteering all summer at Sandra Harris' Developmental Center (as an ABA therapist). Does anyone think this will better my chances of getting into Rutgers PhD Program? If you aren't aware, Sandra Harris is the big Autism expert there. I'm not sure if I'll get to meet her but I'm hoping to try and figure something out along those lines. I plan on emailing her in the near future to make sure she is accepting students for next fall (2007).