Rutgers- GSBS MBS 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance email today! It didn't say anything about dental scholars?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well if you applied dental scholars then that's what you got accepted to. It's more of a 'track' than a separate program.

Reactions: 1 user
Would the email say anything about it? Im just confused. I listed it as my 1st choice

Members don't see this ad :)
Like I said..they aren't separate programs. It's a concentration in Oral Biology, but you are still completing the same program as Medical Scholars, etc. You're fine, you're in! Take a breath of relief.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the differences between the two programs (newark vs. piscataway). Are they essentially the same programs in terms of SMP and just differ in location or there any other differences.

when did you guys who just got in today submit your apps? im nervous that i wont get in

For those who have been accepted in your acceptance letter does it specify which track you have been accepted into?

Found out today that I got rejected from the Robert Wood Johnson (Piscataway) Program :(. For some reason, the letter they sent me was in my spam folder. So if anyone is still waiting to hear back, you may want to check your spam folder.

Congrats to those who got in and good luck to everyone!!

Found out today that I got rejected from the Robert Wood Johnson (Piscataway) Program :(. For some reason, the letter they sent me was in my spam folder. So if anyone is still waiting to hear back, you may want to check your spam folder.

Congrats to those who got in and good luck to everyone!!

:/ sorry to hear that! Did you apply to newark?

Members don't see this ad :)
If it makes you feel any better (although it probably doesn't) RWJ rejected me too :) I was hoping to hear back from Newark by now though

If it makes you feel any better (although it probably doesn't) RWJ rejected me too :) I was hoping to hear back from Newark by now though

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. Ya for some reason I thought I had a chance at RWJ since I am instate, but guess not. It will be awhile before I hear back from Newark. Since I didn't submit both applications at the same time and submitted the Newark one a month after I submitted RWJ's, I am anticipating a good amount of waiting time to hear back. When did you apply for Newark? Did you send in separate LORs for the Newark program. A week ago I found out after calling that LORs and other materials didn't transfer from the RWJ app to the Newark one and I had to resend those and few other things.

I wasn't complete until 4/4, one of my letters was sent late. You have to send separate everything, Newark stuff goes to Newark office and RWJ stuff goes to Piscataway/New Brunswick. Two of my letters were sent in online (two separate processes) and one sent through mail to both schools.

Okay so I was accepted to the RWJ/Piscataway MBS program about a month ago and sent my deposit money in and haven't heard anything back since. Anyone else here happen to hear back? Just curious because I'm near to making a decision on a school sometime soon.

@sarkywarky so it just says you have been accepted into the Masters program or something like that? I read on here awhile back that the medical and dental courses aren't open to everyone, so I am trying to figure out how one know if he/she will be allowed to take those classes?

@sarkywarky so it just says you have been accepted into the Masters program or something like that? I read on here awhile back that the medical and dental courses aren't open to everyone, so I am trying to figure out how one know if he/she will be allowed to take those classes?
I answered this already on the previous page

You can apply to whichever you want - depends if you have the rest of your app in order.... LOR, MCAT, ECs, research... it also depends on how much GPA repair you need (if you need a lot, you will want to apply with a full year of grades under your belt)

If you don't, then apply 2016; if you do, consider 2015

You mean if I don't need the GPA repair then I should be starting my AMCAS now for entry into fall 2015?...Or does NJMS allow their students to apply later. I don't want to start it until I take my MCATs again--which won't be until September or October. The reason why I am doing MBS is to gain more research/better LOR in addition to improving MCAT. Your thoughts?

You mean if I don't need the GPA repair then I should be starting my AMCAS now for entry into fall 2015?...Or does NJMS allow their students to apply later. I don't want to start it until I take my MCATs again--which won't be until September or October. The reason why I am doing MBS is to gain more research/better LOR in addition to improving MCAT. Your thoughts?
You have to apply regular style. Primary done in June, all secondaries by beginning of September

It has been said over and over again, SMPs do not fix MCATs.

Looks like you are taking a glide year. But by the way, taking the MCAT while potential taking med school classes seems like a really bad idea

I agree with @robflanker. why waste so much money if you don't really need the GPA repair? There are a lot of other resources that can help you improve your MCAT score as well as research experience. You don't necessarily have to be in graduate school to do research

Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone knows bout how many people are accepted per year.

got the official acceptance email today! :claps:

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I am interested in the Robert Wood Johnson MBS program. For the people admitted or rejected by RWJ, what were your stats? I have a 3.0 gpa, 26 MCAT, URM status. Do I stand a chance, since it seems Robert Wood Johnson is more selective? Thanks

Last edited:
Hey I'm new here.

I got accepted into the dental scholars program at newark.

Just wondering if anyone here is from the miami area!

Good luck to everyone! We will get there

Just got accepted to the Newark campus. But I also got accepted to Boston... Which one is better (let's put aside the problem with the tuition difference)?!! Or should I apply to the New Brunswick program since I still have time???

got accepted into the MBS Dental Scholars program in Newark yesterday!

Everything for me was submitted by April 23rd, however my official DAT score report was uploaded by May 6th

Everything for me was submitted by April 23rd, however my official DAT score report was uploaded by May 6th

That's great that you found out within two weeks. Everything was complete for me on the 7th so hopefully I hear back something soon.

Congrats to those have been accepted to the Newark program. Has anyone heard anything from the Piscataway office recently?

Just admitted online, no emails or snail-mails yet!

Hi @sg808 yes, it should be on the portal. When I found out a few weeks ago I got an email first although on the portal it said I was missing items and admissions pending. The portal was eventually updated and I also got a letter in the mail. Best Wishes!!!

Do you guys find out through the Rutgers check your status portal?

yup, clicked "check your status" and there was a very simple text of "congratulations, you have been admitted" under decision.

submitted 5/9, saw i was admitted 5/28.
newark - dental scholars

Congrats on getting in!!! Ya when I checked my status today, I didn't see anything. I ended up calling because I was complete three weeks ago, and the admissions representative said that a decision was made and I should be hearing back something within the next few days.

Hi @sg808 yes, it should be on the portal. When I found out a few weeks ago I got an email first although on the portal it said I was missing items and admissions pending. The portal was eventually updated and I also got a letter in the mail. Best Wishes!!!

yup, clicked "check your status" and there was a very simple text of "congratulations, you have been admitted" under decision.

Congrats on getting in!! I checked my status today and didn't see anything. I ended up calling them because I was complete three weeks ago and the admissions rep said that a decision was made and that I should be hearing back by email in the next few days.

I'm assuming it's took late to apply to these programs huh? lol Also does anyone have the admissions number? I'm having a difficult time locating it on the website.

@sg808, that's kinda odd that they are making you wait so long for a decision after it was made. I was told through the phone what my decision was the same day it was made (this for the Newark program). My online status says "no decision" and I have already received official email and snail mail saying I was accepted. I even got a letter on how to apply for financial aid a few days ago. The number I called was 973-972-4511 and they usually answered all questions I asked.

Now Piscawatay is a different story, I'm still a waiting a decision even though I submitted everything at the same time as Newark.

@sg808, that's kinda odd that they are making you wait so long for a decision after it was made. I was told through the phone what my decision was the same day it was made (this for the Newark program). My online status says "no decision" and I have already received official email and snail mail saying I was accepted. I even got a letter on how to apply for financial aid a few days ago. The number I called was 973-972-4511 and they usually answered all questions I asked.

Now Piscawatay is a different story, I'm still a waiting a decision even though I submitted everything at the same time as Newark.

Hey @rambop2, thanks for replying! Ya its been a very strange process. I called that number that you mentioned in your post, and the rep that I spoke was first like well, you should hear back within a week to two weeks after your app is complete on getting in. I told her I been waiting for three weeks. She then said that if you don't, that prob means that your app has been on hold, meaning if there are more competitive applicants than you, they are gonna get accepted first and then if there's room left after that then you will get accepted. which to me doesnt' make sense cuz i thought admissions was rolling. So then I asked how long do I have to wait to get a email saying that I am on hold or not if its a yes or a no, and she said it can take a long amount of time. She then proceeded with saying a decision was made and I should hear back soon. So idk what to make of what's going on.

Hey @rambop2, thanks for replying! Ya its been a very strange process. I called that number that you mentioned in your post, and the rep that I spoke was first like well, you should hear back within a week to two weeks after your app is complete on getting in. I told her I been waiting for three weeks. She then said that if you don't, that prob means that your app has been on hold, meaning if there are more competitive applicants than you, they are gonna get accepted first and then if there's room left after that then you will get accepted. which to me doesnt' make sense cuz i thought admissions was rolling. So then I asked how long do I have to wait to get a email saying that I am on hold or not if its a yes or a no, and she said it can take a long amount of time. She then proceeded with saying a decision was made and I should hear back soon. So idk what to make of what's going on.

i heard back a few weeks ago but i had a very similar convo with a rep. Its very odd.

Just got accepted via email for the MBS Dental Scholars at Newark. For those of you interested, I submitted the application on 5/19 and my application was complete on 5/21.