Rutgers GSBS MBS 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm185

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I didn't see a thread for this coming fall so I decided to make one.
Anyone else get accepted? I'm on the dental scholars track as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I did!!! I just sent the deposit this week.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't remember but my gpa from undergrad was 3.27 and my DAt I took twice got a 19/20 first time and 18/17 second :(

No need for a sad face! Its tough!! Congrats on getting into Rutgers GSBS program. You are one step closer to becoming a DENTIST! I took my DAT this month so I am waiting to hear back at this point. I also applied to Barry, Midwestern, Tufts, and USF. *Fingers Crossed*

My stats were 3.2 GPA/ 20AA DAT btw!
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back :)

Does anyone know how big the class is for the dental scholars program? like around how many students they accept?

Accepted
applied mid feb
Accepted early April

Going

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I just got accepted to the program on 4/29 on the Dental Scholars track

I just got accepted today too! Do you guys know for sure if you're going?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how big the class is for the dental scholars program? like around how many students they accept?
Ive heard its around 90 for the dental scholars and 90 for the med track!

thanks a lot! do you happen to know how many spots might be left?
I'm not sure, but I would def call them and show them you're really interested and you should be fine! Good luck ☺️

Hello everyone! I just mailed off my deposit and forms for the Oral Health Sciences track. Hope to see y'all once we start.

For peeps applying, I submitted my application on April 10th and received my acceptance on May 8th. My GPA should be around 3.0 and maybe even lower, not too sure how Canadian school -> American conversion works. DAT scores were 19/21, range of 16-30. Not a strong application by any means so don't give up!

Hey Guys,

Im new to SDN and im a pre-dent student from Ohio. I just got accepted to the Dental Scholars Program today as well!

completed applications early May 5/9
Got the acceptance letter today 6/2

Hey everyone! I submitted my application 5/7 everything was submitted and completed 5/20 and I heard back from them 6/3

Pre dental track DAT 19 sgpa 3.0

Excited to participate in the program and meet everyone!

Hi everyone! I am interested in the Medical Scholars program. I already had my transcripts and recommendation letters sent in, and filled out the application, but I realized that I cannot find Medical Scholars listed in the application. Under Biomedical Sciences, the only options I see to select from are four different certificates (stem cell, pharm, etc.) and non-matriculated. What am I missing?

Hi everyone! I am interested in the Medical Scholars program. I already had my transcripts and recommendation letters sent in, and filled out the application, but I realized that I cannot find Medical Scholars listed in the application. Under Biomedical Sciences, the only options I see to select from are four different certificates (stem cell, pharm, etc.) and non-matriculated. What am I missing?

Make sure you are applying to the MBS for Medical Scholars on the Newark website, not piscataway. you don't specify the certificates yet (as i understand)

Got accepted two weeks back into the dental track, I am so excited! Has anyone received any information or when we can create our schedules??

Got accepted two weeks back into the dental track, I am so excited! Has anyone received any information or when we can create our schedules??
I heard we pick classes during orientation in August!

I just got my acceptance letter yesterday! I applied 3/23 or something but my profs didn't send there letters until like 5/27 but I still got in YAY!

Has anyone started thinking about where to live?

does anyone the dates for the first day of class? I heard we may be required to attend sessions the last week of august. does anyone have any information regarding this?

Applied 6/9
Completed 6/11
Accepted 6/19

so pumped! Not sure if I should finish my applications to other schools or just commit

Anyone else finish their applications in early June and hear back yet? I'm still waiting for a response..

Applied 6/9
Completed 6/11
Accepted 6/19

so pumped! Not sure if I should finish my applications to other schools or just commit

Just wondering, what are your stats? I applied 6/1 and completed my app 6/8 but still haven't heard back yet.

I'm finishing this program in 7 days (dental scholar)....feel free to ask me anything

how do you know when your application is complete? do they send you an email?

Just got accepted for the dental track- 6/29... applied early June.
Im unsure if I should commit or wait for Midwestern....

Hi all
I applied to the Medical scholar track. My GPA is 3.16 and an MCAT score of 16 o_O. I got into the MSP at Drexel but I just got a rejection email from Rutgers MBS Newark :(. I really don't want to move out of state and don't know what to do.

Do you think if I go talk to the admission office at Rutgers GSBS, would they reconsider their decision?

Hi all
I applied to the Medical scholar track. My GPA is 3.16 and an MCAT score of 16 o_O. I got into the MSP at Drexel but I just got a rejection email from Rutgers MBS Newark :(. I really don't want to move out of state and don't know what to do.

Do you think if I go talk to the admission office at Rutgers GSBS, would they reconsider their decision?
They told me that they don't do appeals.

Just got accepted today for the dental scholars track! applied 6/11. any other out of state students here?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted today for the dental scholars track! applied 6/11. any other out of state students here?
I'll be attending this program as part of the Medical Scholar program and am coming from CA. Complete 6/28, accepted today. Have you thought about where to live yet?

I'll be attending this program as part of the Medical Scholar program and am coming from CA. Complete 6/28, accepted today. Have you thought about where to live yet?

I just got accepted to the Newark camps and I live in Queens, NY if you want to consider that OOS. Im still debating whether I should commute or dorm/live off campus. I haven't been able to apply for their graduate dorms yet so idk what my living situation will be yet. What do the rest of you guys plan to do?

I just got accepted to the Newark camps and I live in Queens, NY if you want to consider that OOS. Im still debating whether I should commute or dorm/live off campus. I haven't been able to apply for their graduate dorms yet so idk what my living situation will be yet. What do the rest of you guys plan to do?

Hi! I live in nyc too and I just plan on commuting to campus for now. It doesn't look to bad of a commute. Since I'm OOS I want to limit my costs as much as I can. But I must say, if it becomes too tedious I might move to campus after a semester or two.

I didn't see this because it was in the dental forum, but I matriculated for the medical scholars track!

Where will you guys be living??? Did anyone apply for the 15 Washington?

I just got accepted today for the dental scholars track!

Congrats!

Did you get an email or a letter in the mail? I submitted my application in January but completed my application 2 weeks ago and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'm starting to get super nervous!

Congrats!

Did you get an email or a letter in the mail? I submitted my application in January but completed my application 2 weeks ago and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'm starting to get super nervous!
I thought the deadline to be complete was mid-june?

I thought the deadline to be complete was mid-june?

I took DAT on July 10th and I asked the admissions people about my chances of getting in since I'm taking it so late and they said that it was fine since all my other material was submitted in January.

Congrats!

I had to call to find out because the portal said "no decision" but as soon as I found out, I got an official email the next day. Goodluck!!

What classes is everyone considering taking? I'm considering behavioral and cognitive neuro, immunology a, cell death, and/or cell pathology.

Status
Not open for further replies.