Rutgers MBS Dental Scholars Program vs. BU Oral Health Science Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewLime

Reaction score
I recently received an admissions letter from both the BU OHS program and Rutgers Dental Scholars. I would love to attend BU, but the price difference is pretty huge. How do the two programs (and also both dental schools) compare to each other? BU is requiring a decision by April 2nd, and I feel so overwhelmed trying to figure out where I should go. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the cheaper program and absolutely crush it. Maintain no less than a 3.5 GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
my understanding is that BU has a higher acceptance rate for their students getting into dental school, even though they don't have a linkage. I was considering Rutgers MBS however, if you think about it only ~9-11 of the 150 students in the program matriculate into Rutgers' dental school - what happens to the rest I can't speak for. That being said, Rutgers is far cheaper than BU. If possible, try to get a better understanding how many students from Rutgers matriculate into dental school. best of luck!

They didn’t have this when I was there at the time (2017), but I believe that the Rutgers program now has a “link” to the dental school, where if you have at least a certain GPA/DAT, they give you an interview. Please correct me if I’m wrong.