Rutgers Pharmacy transfer student or B.A first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MadHat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a undergrad @ RU-N, and I have a few questions about the school to school transfer system and the B.A degree.

I am in my second year at Rutgers. My major is Business Management, but I decided to change my major to Pre-pharmacy.

So far the classes I have taken are mostly humanity classes, business classes and normal pre requites . My gpa is on the weak side, but I am certain I can bring it up. I need to declare/redeclare a major by the end of my 2nd year, I know I am behind and everything, but I don't know what to do. I still haven't taken my core pre requisite for pharm yet. What is the best way to get into the pharmacy school? Should I first change majors from business to pre-pharmacy get my BA from RU-N then take my PCATS and then try to get into pharmacy school? Is there such thing as rutgers pharmacy graduate school?

Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am fairly certain that I will not be accepted into the pharmacy school as an undergrad is there another alternative? Does Rutgers have a joint program with Montclair State?

Just complete your Bachlors and complete all the prerequisites in order to apply. Then try your luck, but as you have probably heard it is very hard for a transfer student to gain admission.