Rutgers South DPT 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hrgall

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a separate thread for Rutgers South campus yet, so I thought I'd start one. I have so many questions about this school and I'm hoping I can get some answers!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything about interviews?

Has anyone heard anything about interviews?
I just had my interview today, I think there was a few different review/interview sessions though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview on 11/10. It was a group interview. Two faculty members and three other applicants. It was relatively casual and they were really trying to get to know you and see how you would fit in with the cohort.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! When did you submit your application? I submitted on Aug 14th and received confirmation my verified application was accepted and being reviewed but haven’t heard anything back since.

I submitted mine in late August and heard back for an interview on 10/13.

I submitted mine in early October and heard back early Novemeber. I have an interview Wednesday.
Also does anyone have any advice for this interview?? Do they ask typical interview questions or should I really prepare for it? Gook luck to everyone :)

Hey! I also interviewed on 11/10 and it was one of my favorite interviews i’ve been a part of so far. Be ready to speak on your experiences, they are really just trying to get to know you. They didn’t ask typical questions such as “Why PT?” but asked more questions such as “ how do you deal with failure” and “ recall a time that you have helped a patient going through the rehab process”

Hey! I also interviewed on 11/10 and it was one of my favorite interviews i’ve been a part of so far. Be ready to speak on your experiences, they are really just trying to get to know you. They didn’t ask typical questions such as “Why PT?” but asked more questions such as “ how do you deal with failure” and “ recall a time that you have helped a patient going through the rehab process”
Thank you :) good luck hearing back (if you haven't already)!

Hello, I have my interview soon and I was just wondering how many questions they asked? Also, what type of questions. Congrats to those who got in!

Hello, I have my interview soon and I was just wondering how many questions they asked? Also, what type of questions. Congrats to those who got in!
Hi! they asked around 5 questions but tried to make it more conversational and not extremely formal. They asked things like "who is your role model", "a time you did not see eye to eye with someone you were working with", etc. Mostly about your experiences, nothing crazy. Good luck :)

Hi! they asked around 5 questions but tried to make it more conversational and not extremely formal. They asked things like "who is your role model", "a time you did not see eye to eye with someone you were working with", etc. Mostly about your experiences, nothing crazy. Good luck :)
Hey thank you so much. I think the interview went well, they were super nice and calm and really went with the flow.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
did everyone get another invite to speak with current students who already interviewed?

Hi! I applied late August and still haven’t heard anything back :(
Is anyone else in the same boat? I’m getting discouraged and think I’m waiting just to hear a declined acceptance email.

Hi guys!
I have an interview with Rutgers South on Thursday 12/3! Thank you to those who already posted some tips and potential questions they may ask. Any other specific questions I should be prepared for?
Thanks!

Hi guys!
I have an interview with Rutgers South on Thursday 12/3! Thank you to those who already posted some tips and potential questions they may ask. Any other specific questions I should be prepared for?
Thanks!
Hey, they just go with the flow. None of the questions particularly surprised me!! Just be calm and yourself. Good luck

Hey, they just go with the flow. None of the questions particularly surprised me!! Just be calm and yourself. Good luck
Cool!! Thanks so much! Good luck to you on your journey as well :)

Has anyone heard from admissions regarding acceptance yet? I interviewed early in December and was told that decisions would be made by the end of the year, but still haven’t heard back yet.

Has anyone heard from admissions regarding acceptance yet? I interviewed early in December and was told that decisions would be made by the end of the year, but still haven’t heard back yet.
I actually received my acceptance today for ru south! But I already put my deposit down and I am going to the north campus! Good luck, I hope you hear good new soon :)

I received an acceptance yesterday around noon through email.

I was accepted this weekend to the south program! is anyone from north jersey going to the south program?

Those of you that have already heard back- when was your interview? How did they notify you?

I was notified yesterday that I am on the waitlist.

Congratulations to all that were accepted so far! I was wondering if anyone knows if the average student receives scholarships/financial aid? In my acceptances from other programs, they included scholarship offers, but not for Rutgers. Rutgers South is my top choice, but I would like to have an idea of what sort of financial assistance students receive. Does anyone have more information on this?

I was accepted this weekend to the south program! is anyone from north jersey going to the south program?
I was put on the waitlist at Rutgers North but was accepted to South. I’d much rather go to North since it’s 30 minutes away from me so for now I’m just waiting to hear back from North (hopefully before the deposit deadline).

I was put on the waitlist at Rutgers North but was accepted to South. I’d much rather go to North since it’s 30 minutes away from me so for now I’m just waiting to hear back from North (hopefully before the deposit deadline).
When is the deposit deadline for South?

I was rejected by North, im waitlisted from other NY schools and kean so i was hoping to get into those but I didnt want to lose my offer for South so i accepted. it just sucks that its so far.

I was rejected by North, im waitlisted from other NY schools and kean so i was hoping to get into those but I didnt want to lose my offer for South so i accepted. it just sucks that its so far.
I feel this!! Their deposit deadline is before all the other schools I'm waiting to hear back from so it's like putting the deposit down is the safest bet but also sucks because other schools will probably send out notifications soon after.

I have sent my enrollment deposit. Go Scarlet Knights!

I feel this!! Their deposit deadline is before all the other schools I'm waiting to hear back from so it's like putting the deposit down is the safest bet but also sucks because other schools will probably send out notifications soon after.
yeah one of the schools closes their acceptance in spring or early summer. What made me feel better is that from many therapists ive spoken to say that rutgers is the best school to get into and your employment rates will be hirer than usual.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten an email yet confirming that their forms/deposit was received and their spot in the program is secured?

Has anyone gotten an email yet confirming that their forms/deposit was received and their spot in the program is secured?
I have not yet but they did say it could take about a week for them to send back a confirmation.

i sent everything the 6th and still haven't received anything. I have emailed them twice and they just keep saying someone will reach out.

I got pulled from the waitlist last wednesday but i gave up my seat! hope this helps you! good luck

I still haven't gotten any type of confirmation. Anyone else?
No, I haven’t yet either. I emailed them last week asking to confirm that I was enrolled and that my deposit was received but haven’t gotten a response.

I just gave up my seat at South. Committed to Rutgers North. Hopefully this helps someone on the waitlist!

I also gave up my seat for the south program

Is there a group for people who will be attending yet?

Does anyone know when they’ll be making a decision about whether or not our first term will be online?

Just got a call yesterday with my acceptance! Definitely looking to connect with anyone else who has committed to Rutgers South. Best of luck to everyone else!!

I decided to make a Facebook page! The link below brings you directly to it. It's called: Rutgers South DPT Class of 2024. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Rutgers DPT Facebook <-------

Last edited: