RVT/CVTs did you...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Martee527

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

If anyone else is/was a technician, did you include CE conferences you attended in your veterinary-related experiences? If so, how did you work it in? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't list out every CE I ever attended, but I did put anything that was major and relevant. For example, I did a fairly involved CE with one of the vets I worked with under a teacher from Texas A & M that I included under vet experience. I know that's pretty vague, but I just looked at each course individually and made a judgement call as to whether they needed to be listed out. I only had the one that I listed separately - I've only been an RVT for a couple of years.

I also mentioned in my personal statement that I'd gotten my RVT license and had stayed up to date on CE. (I needed to mention it because the law is a little different here in MD - you can get it if you have a bachelor's, so I hadn't gone through a formal tech program.)

I put my specialization programs on there (ie Veterinary Dental Technician) but I didnt put all the CE Ive attended. Mostly, bc for me it would have been too much but I dont think its a bad idea. I guess it depends on how you interpret veterinary supervised experience. I would definately put any wetlabs you took.