RVU-CO vs VCOM-VA vs WesternU Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brhs3518

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Deposits are coming close and I am having a hard time choosing between these 3 DO schools. I have 2 MD interviews coming up but I definitely need to put deposits down before I hear back from those schools (and who knows if the DO schools could be a better fit for me). Basically I was a neuro major in school and LOVE the brain so right now I'm leaning Neurology or Psych even though I will change my mind so many times. I also have a lot of background with global health. I don't want to reveal my location because my family is all over the place and being in a certain state isn't a big deal for me.

RVU-CO

Pros

Diversity of match statistics - because I'm interested in neuro
Curriculum - I like the idea of seeing body systems twice rather than a block schedule
Location - Colorado is amazing
Kind of cool global health track
Board scores

Cons

Military medicine emphasis - not that this is a problem, it just worries me that they take away attention from things like global health tracks because I have no interest in military medicine
Expensive COA
Newest school

VCOM-VA

Pros

Super friendly staff and supportive environment
Amazing global health outreach

Cons

Rotation sites seem to be very rural - might have a hard time getting neurology connections?
Huge primary care emphasis with not many match rates into specialties

WESTERN U POMONA

Pros

I have always loved California and feel comfortable there (no I am not from here)
Has the most "history"

Cons

School is apparently losing rotation spots because of new MD schools
Curriculum seems kind of messy - They waste a lot of time with OMM
Didn't give me a straight answer when I asked about graduation rates and board scores during interview day

Can someone who has visited here or knows more about these schools please provide some input? I am only evaluating these schools based off of the small amount of time I visited each of them. I am really trying to make the smartest decision that will best benefit my education. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.