Rvu-com class of 2014!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bones DO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know most RVUers tend to use facebook more so than this site, but I figured I'd start a page for our class since there wasn't one up yet.

Can't wait for school to start!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I can't wait till August. I guess I need to start working on relocating to CO. :)

I can't wait till August. I guess I need to start working on relocating to CO. :)

Yea it seems like a decently large undertaking from NY, where are you coming from? Can't wait to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nebraska. (Colorado is a definite step up for me) I am not in school right now so I am anxious to get out there and get settled in before May. I want to be able to have some outdoorsy fun before class starts.

I wish I could go out that early, I have to keep working until about July, but I really can't wait. These next few months are going to feel very long.

I'll be heading in the Colorado direction in July as well...maybe June. I'm worried about the cost of living in the area though! Compared to MT, it's super high. Any thoughts on that subject?

ps to Bones: I love Star Trek! :)

How much more expensive is it than MT? It's disgustingly cheap compared to NY, I guess a lot has to do with your point of view... haha I <3 Star Trek too!

Yeah, it definitely has a lot to do with where you're coming from. Right now I'm paying $266 + utilities/ month. I split an $800 rent on a three bedroom duplex with two stories. It's pretty nice & our landlord pays for all repairs/ maintenance. From what I've seen online in the Parker area, I won't be able to get housing that cheap. Especially without roommates! It's also a bit scary that I don't know the area so I won't know what the best options are...*sigh*

Hi there! I just got an interview invite for RVU and was wondering for those of you that have already had interviews how long did it take for you to recieve word of your acceptance. I saw that one person said it was within the week. Was it like that for others too? Thank you !!

Congrats on the invite! I heard back from RVU four days after my interview...on a Monday evening if I remember correctly. They are wonderfully fast, and the excruciating wait is minimal compared to other schools.

I have been recently accepted to RVU and I can't wait for school to start. However, determining the best way to pay for school has been a lot of work. I've considered the HPSP, and RVU's loan, whats everyone else doing?
For those of you like me moving out to CO for school, when do you plan on checking out the local apartments?

Hey MTNMAN:
I am going to do the RVU loan. HPSP is tempting but I want to stay in Colorado after I graduate so it is not really an option for me. As far as house hunting goes, I am heading out in May. Once I get the lay of the land I'd be happy to scout things out for fellow OS students.
Oh, this is totally not relevent but I've worked in a busy ER for the past 5 years and my coworkers bought me a Littman Master Cardiology Stethoscope as a going away present... I did a little happy dance when I saw it :)

Hi there! I just got an interview invite for RVU and was wondering for those of you that have already had interviews how long did it take for you to recieve word of your acceptance. I saw that one person said it was within the week. Was it like that for others too? Thank you !!

I think it depends on when the Ad-Com meets in relation to your interview. I think they meet roughly every 2 weeks (2x a month or so). They will surely when to expect a decision by. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on here planing on doing HPSP?

Just curious. Does RVU have any hospitals set up for you guys to do rotations. Also there doesn't seem to be any osteopathic residencies in the state or at least besides the one that I found in Pueblo.

I'm interviewing there on Mon. I fly into Denver ithat morning. Anything I need to know before I go?

I'm interviewing there on Mon. I fly into Denver ithat morning. Anything I need to know before I go?

If you have answers to the following questions you'll do fine:
Why Medicine?
Why DO school?
Why RVU?
Basically have a pretty good idea about why you want to be a doctor and how RVU fits into your plan. Interviews are super low stress. Good Luck :luck:

There's also really, really good food provided, so don't have a big breakfast if you're an AM interview ;-)

Hi, I'm interviewing at RVU on Wed. For those of you already accepted, what other schools did you apply to? Was RVU your first choice? For those of you attending later this year, why did you pick RVU?

I've been doing a lot of research on the school, lately, and I'm on the fence right now. I think my visit to the school will help me make up my mind. It seems like a great school with a lot to offer...i just don't know how I feel about all of the controversy surrounding its for profit status. I don't think the for profit status is necessarily a bad thing... i just wish more focus was on the students and what they are setting out to accomplish rather than on the controversy. We need to give RVU a chance...so lets hold off on judgment until it shows us what it can accomplish. It's too hard to gauge at this point in the game...only time will tell.

I'm looking forward to my trip and to meeting the RVU students so I can get a better feel for the school.

Hi, I'm interviewing at RVU on Wed. For those of you already accepted, what other schools did you apply to? Was RVU your first choice? For those of you attending later this year, why did you pick RVU?

I've been doing a lot of research on the school, lately, and I'm on the fence right now. I think my visit to the school will help me make up my mind. It seems like a great school with a lot to offer...i just don't know how I feel about all of the controversy surrounding its for profit status. I don't think the for profit status is necessarily a bad thing... i just wish more focus was on the students and what they are setting out to accomplish rather than on the controversy. We need to give RVU a chance...so lets hold off on judgment until it shows us what it can accomplish. It's too hard to gauge at this point in the game...only time will tell.

I'm looking forward to my trip and to meeting the RVU students so I can get a better feel for the school.

My advice is to bring up ANY and all concerns you have on your interview day. The students, faculty and staff are more than willing to answer your questions. The many students I met with during my interview talked honestly about any topic that we brought up. (so don't be shy :)) Also, while I was being interviewed I felt comfortable asking about things I was concerned about. The quality of the facilities got me interested in going but the people there sold me on becoming a student. Good luck in your interview!:luck:

So...with Orientation week fast approaching, I'm about ready to pee myself! I'm so excited, but also completely terrified. Does anyone else have this feeling of being unprepared for what's about to hit us? :eek:

I agree with Emergency 2009, bring up any/all concerns in your interview. The people that interviewed me as well as how cohesive the classes are ultimately sold me on this school! Good luck on your interview and check in with us after you get back.

So...with Orientation week fast approaching, I'm about ready to pee myself! I'm so excited, but also completely terrified. Does anyone else have this feeling of being unprepared for what's about to hit us? :eek:

Most people are unprepared when it starts, it's how your respond to adapting to the madness that matters most. Attending an autopsy is a good experience though, if you could get in at one.

I also cannot wait for orientation, but I've only heard that its sometime during the last week of July, has anyone heard the official date? Is anyone else going to the May 15th school preview? Have any of you received info on an official class start date? Finally, how is the apt/housing search going for everyone, does anyone know what the apt/condo's are called right across the street from the school are?
Sorry for all of the questions...I'm just making sure I'm not missing out on any info.

I also cannot wait for orientation, but I've only heard that its sometime during the last week of July, has anyone heard the official date? Is anyone else going to the May 15th school preview? Have any of you received info on an official class start date? Finally, how is the apt/housing search going for everyone, does anyone know what the apt/condo's are called right across the street from the school are?
Sorry for all of the questions...I'm just making sure I'm not missing out on any info.

I hadn't heard about the school preview on 5/15...but I think I will schedule my apartment hunting for that weekend then. It seems like a renters' / buyers' market out there. I don't know the exact complex you're talking about's name but maybe it's the closest one on the suggestion sheet on myvista? Did you get info in the mail about the school preview?

I hadn't heard about the school preview on 5/15...but I think I will schedule my apartment hunting for that weekend then. It seems like a renters' / buyers' market out there. I don't know the exact complex you're talking about's name but maybe it's the closest one on the suggestion sheet on myvista? Did you get info in the mail about the school preview?

The medical school preview notification was in one of the myvista forums, and also on the facebook page. Theres not much info about what it is, just that its a medical school preview for new students and family. I'll be out there looking for a place at that time as well. So no date on orientation or the start of the semester yet. Hopefully that will be coming soon.

Well, I just got back from my trip to Colorado/RVU. I was really impressed with the school - both faculty and students. This is definitely a place I could see myself going...guess I'll just have to wait and see now.

The medical school preview notification was in one of the myvista forums, and also on the facebook page. Theres not much info about what it is, just that its a medical school preview for new students and family. I'll be out there looking for a place at that time as well. So no date on orientation or the start of the semester yet. Hopefully that will be coming soon.

Thanks for the info, myvista has way more on it than the last time I checked a couple months ago! See you at the preview. Good luck to the last poster :)

just found out today...i got in! wow, that was fast. i like this school's style.

Hi, everyone, I'll be in the class of 2014! If any of you currently live in Denver, perhaps we can get together before the start of school. See you around...

Congrats to above! Anyone going to the pre-orientation on 5/15?

Hi Everyone! Was accepted in the fall, but just found this thread. Can't wait to meet everyone! What all are you guys doing for the summer?

I'm working until early July, and going to Europe for two weeks on a vacation planned months ago. Are you in CO already? What are your plans?
Hi Everyone! Was accepted in the fall, but just found this thread. Can't wait to meet everyone! What all are you guys doing for the summer?

Anyone else going to be living at Parker Hill Top this year? I put down my deposit there a little over a week ago. Can't wait to get started!!

Yes I am back in Colorado now... I have been doing undergrad at Oklahoma for the past 4 years. I am living in Castle Rock, but working at a kids summer camp in Cherry Creek until July and then taking some time off before orientation week. :) Are you in CO? If so, we should grab some coffee sometime!

I'm working until early July, and going to Europe for two weeks on a vacation planned months ago. Are you in CO already? What are your plans?