RVUCOM-CO vs UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hungryhungryhippo4

Reaction score
Looking for advice to help narrow down schools. These are my top two DO schools, and I will have a really hard time deciding if it comes down to it. I have two MD interviews and am waiting to hear back from them as well as I would likely pick one of those.

Anyway, basically which school will better help prepare me/get me into a general surgery residency? I know this mostly relies on me but if people think one school is a lot better than the other than I would go for that. I would say that's my main concern. Fortunately, cost of attendance/cost of living is not a big factor for me. P/F classes are nice and I am less interested in OMM.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

following. also in this boat
I ended up withdrawing from RVUCOM. UNECOM is more established and plus RVU is now on Goro’s bad boy list because they send their rejects emails to apply to the Caribbean which I think is horrible. Also for-profit which isn’t the end of the world but it’s still not great

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up withdrawing from RVUCOM. UNECOM is more established and plus RVU is now on Goro’s bad boy list because they send their rejects emails to apply to the Caribbean which I think is horrible. Also for-profit which isn’t the end of the world but it’s still not great
Thanks for this insight! I think I will most likely put in my deposit for UNE shortly. It's the top of my list for DO programs since I'm from New England and I've enjoyed all my interactions with their staff, students, alum !

Reactions: 1 user