RVUCOM vs NYITCOM(Long Island) vs ARCOM vs NOORDA vs TOURO(Harlem)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr.medical

Reaction score
Help me rate these schools and decide which one I should pick if get accepted. What do you think are the pros and cons of each school?

Members don't see this ad.

My personal opinion of your current list. It helps more if you make the pro and con list and then SDN can give their input on specific issues. NYTICOM=RVUCOM>>Touro>>>>>ARCOM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Noorda ( last option)

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a cost difference? Where are you from? What places are most desirable to you? Where do you have family? Do you have an idea about your desired specialty? I agree with the user above about NYITCOM and RVU probably being the best schools on your list, but neither of them are particularly “prestigious” so if there are other factors that play into your decision, that would be important to disclose so other SDNers can give their informed 2 cents. I also agree that Noorda is a last choice school. Most new DO schools should not be risked unless it’s your only option.

Reactions: 1 users
I have family in New York so it would be good to stay in New York but I don’t mind going away to RVUCOM if they are better than NYITCOM in any way. I’m also not sure on what specialty I’d want yet. Which school out of this list would you pick. RVUCOM or NYITCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your replies. I was asking because I heard that NYIT has high attrition rates compared to Touro. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

My personal opinion of your current list. It helps more if you make the pro and con list and then SDN can give their input on specific issues. NYTICOM=RVUCOM>>Touro>>>>>ARCOM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Noorda ( last option)
I am deciding between Touro Harlem and ARCOM, and I also was leaning more towards Touro Harlem. Could you briefly explain why Touro >>>> ARCOM?